Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advocacy Assistance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Tesla Family

Does anyone have a template I can use for an email to the local government council regarding the benefits to the local community for installing EV Chargers (economic, social, environmental)..ect?

Happy to put one together however if anyone in this beautiful community has sent one recently to the local council it would be helpful (immensely so) for this activity rather then reinventing the wheel.?

Thanks in advance :)

It isn't strictly a council responsibility. And we're long, long past the era where they can paint one or two parking spaces green, put a faulty AC EVSE behind it, and smile for a photo op.

What matters is getting planning approvals contingent on installing EV charging. And I don't mean one or two DC rapid chargers off to the side. I mean getting AC to basically every single parking space everywhere.

Want that extra storey on top of the apartment or office tower? Or that extra wing on your new shopping centre? OK, supply power to every car park downstairs and to the public parking spaces out the front, and don't gouge people to use them.

Hi Tesla Family

Does anyone have a template I can use for an email to the local government council regarding the benefits to the local community for installing EV Chargers (economic, social, environmental)..ect?

Happy to put one together however if anyone in this beautiful community has sent one recently to the local council it would be helpful (immensely so) for this activity rather then reinventing the wheel.?

Thanks in advance :)
Are you a member of Tesla Owners Club Australia (teslaowners.org.au) or Australian Electric Vehicle Association (www.aeva.asn.au) I believe they have an advocacy role so may be able to assist.