Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AEP Disabled?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the past week I drove my Model 3 from New York to North Carolina for a wedding. Yesterday, on the way back, after stopping to recharge at the Carlisle Superchargers on I-81, I could not re-engage AEP. The speed limit sign on the display disappeared, the Autosteer steering wheel display disappeared, the speed set point circle disappeared, no other vehicles showed up around me on the display, and the lane markers on the display disappeared. I rebooted the display but to no avail. All I can think of is that Tesla disabled AEP/cruise control because of the numerous "Keep your hands on the Steering Wheel" alerts I received. Thing is, my hands were always on the wheel, I tried to maintain a slight amount of torque on the wheel, and whenever I received the alert I gave the wheel a little tweak to let it know I was paying attention. I really like AEP and really really didn't like being forced to drive manually on the interstate system.
I haven't checked this morning, but I hope AEP has been re-enabled overnight.
Any thoughts? Has anyone else had AEP disabled? Or has my AEP computer failed? There were no alarms of any kind and no indication that anything is wrong except I had/have no AEP functionality.
Incidentally, I just checked my phone to get my software version (it was v9 something) and my Tesla app just indicated I have a software update available (I just started the install).