Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aero Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone notice that "Aero" covers are only aero on one side of the car. If they really made a range difference there would have to be left and right covers.

Surely the main benefit of the Aeros is covering the turbulence inducing wheel spokes? Flat disks would be best but brakes would overheat. The effect of the direction of the ‘blades’ on the Aeros is, perhaps, of much less significance.

upload_2020-11-28_7-46-19.png

In the days before alloys became fashionable even ‘performance’ cars managed without ventilated wheels. I guess ‘performance’ is a relative term and our brakes can get a lot hotter these days.

View attachment 612508

In the days before alloys became fashionable even ‘performance’ cars managed without ventilated wheels. I guess ‘performance’ is a relative term and our brakes can get a lot hotter these days.

I remember being with some other kids in the street when we first saw a Cortina ... we were practically open mouthed ... that rear view was like a spaceship!

Reactions: Dunstan
... unless you're only using the caps in the summer, in which case the cheap ones are fine. I used some for a few weeks but ultimately went back to the Aeros. Keeping the Aeros on in the winter gives helpful protection from salty spray and they are very easy to clean... which is a big plus!
So, what's the best way to thoroughly clean the Aero covers once you have removed them? Thanks!

I initially took mine off, but I had a long drive to do in Europe so I put them back on. Then i got to thinking...

1) The alloys aren't really that nice (not a fan of dark alloys). IMHO, it needs a 19" rim to give a good look on the Model 3.

2) The Aero covers aren't that bad and they do improve range a little.

3) Cleaning the Aero covers is much, much easier than cleaning alloys.
Thanks for your thoughts, and I'm with you on not liking the look of dark alloy wheels...on any vehicle.

May I ask how you clean the Aero covers when they are removed? I know I don't want to lay them face-down on my brushed concrete driveway, but I don't have a clue how to thoroughly clean them without risking damage to their faces.

Thanks!

Thanks for your thoughts, and I'm with you on not liking the look of dark alloy wheels...on any vehicle.

May I ask how you clean the Aero covers when they are removed? I know I don't want to lay them face-down on my brushed concrete driveway, but I don't have a clue how to thoroughly clean them without risking damage to their faces.

Thanks!

Carpet tiles?

Thanks!
I never take them off !

Thanks!
Am I missing something here? You only need to clean the outer face, so make sure that side is pointing up when you place them on the ground. Highly unlikely they'll flip over while you are cleaning them.
I usually pop them on top of our bins when washing (just so I don't have to bend over too much :) )

I think I’ll be purchasing a set of these in silver. A little bigger than the Aeros so potentially give the illusion of a larger wheel, cover the alloy for extra protection, a teeny tiny bit more efficient than the aero...and in my humble opinion look quite nice...possibly a little like the 19s? :) Just need to get a car to put them on now, minor point :D

Orbital
I like the look of those too. I'm about to order an M3LR and was undecided about what colour/wheel combination - initially preference was MSM but not so keen on the aeros so then switched to white with 19" sport wheels - also wasn't keen on the MSM with the 19" silver wheels. Now MSM with the 18" aeros and these could be just the ticket.