Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After Market installers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes plus Caliper covers can also help to keep your wheels clean from brake dust. The caliper covers redirect the dust that comes off your brake pads toward the rear of the vehicle, so less of it flies out onto the outside surfaces of your wheels.
You are showing that you are a newbie. :D Unless you track the car there is no appreciable brake dust since the brakes are used so sparingly. ;) Besides not having to replace the pads or rotors NOT having brake dust on the wheels is a GREAT plus to having an EV with regen.:cool:

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert
You are showing that you are a newbie. :D Unless you track the car there is no appreciable brake dust since the brakes are used so sparingly. ;) Besides not having to replace the pads or rotors NOT having brake dust on the wheels is a GREAT plus to having an EV with regen.:cool:
Actually I have owned electric cars for three years. I am very familiar with Regan. That being said I use my brakes more on the Model 3 than I did on my Chevy Bolt which my wife drives now. The Chevy Bolt has a Regan paddle on the steering wheel in which brings the vehicle to a complete stop with out use of the brakes. The Model 3 Regan is not that aggressive from what I am experiencing having driven both cars. Now don't get me wrong there is no comparing the two cars. The Model 3 is a far better car than the Bolt. But I do use breaks more often in the Model 3. Another benefit from those brake caliper covers is they help dissipate heat. They are made from Aerospace Aluminum. Bottom line is some people like them and some people don't. It's a personal choice and chose to put them on.

Another benefit from those brake caliper covers is they help dissipate heat. They are made from Aerospace Aluminum.

Exactly the opposite - caliper covers reduce airflow, and thus the trap hot air around the actual caliper.
Cover material is irrelevant, since it's not welded to the surface of the caliper, and thus fails as an airflow shield, instead of a heat sink.

Which is why you will NEVER see anyone running with caliper covers on track, or in racing circles.
Only teenagers slap them on to pretend they have bigger and shinier brake kits than they actually can afford to buy.

Bottom line is some people like them and some people don't. It's a personal choice and chose to put them on.

Poseurs like them.
Everyone else finds them silly.

• Funny
Reactions: destructure00
Actually I have owned electric cars for three years. I am very familiar with Regan. That being said I use my brakes more on the Model 3 than I did on my Chevy Bolt which my wife drives now. The Chevy Bolt has a Regan paddle on the steering wheel in which brings the vehicle to a complete stop with out use of the brakes. The Model 3 Regan is not that aggressive from what I am experiencing having driven both cars. Now don't get me wrong there is no comparing the two cars. The Model 3 is a far better car than the Bolt. But I do use breaks more often in the Model 3. Another benefit from those brake caliper covers is they help dissipate heat. They are made from Aerospace Aluminum. Bottom line is some people like them and some people don't. It's a personal choice and chose to put them on.
You need to set the regen to Hold and not use Creep and it will come to a complete stop. I had a Cadillac ELR and like the Volt won't come to a complete stop since there is no way to cut off Creep. It will slow to about 4MPH and then Creep. Did like having the Paddles to add more regen and kinda fun to use. Also I put covers on mine.

EDIT: My bad (and partially GM's) I read Volt and not Bolt.

IMG_3832.jpeg

Last edited:

As said, change your settings. I almost never touch the brake pedal.

You need to set the regen to Hold and not use Creep and it will come to a complete stop. I had a Cadillac ELR and like the Volt won't come to a complete stop since there is no way to cut off Creep. It will slow to about 4MPH and then Creep. Did like having the Paddles to add more regen and kinda fun to use. Also I put covers on mine.

EDIT: My bad (and partially GM's) I read Volt and not Bolt.

View attachment 527881
Nice!!!!

Exactly the opposite - caliper covers reduce airflow, and thus the trap hot air around the actual caliper.
Cover material is irrelevant, since it's not welded to the surface of the caliper, and thus fails as an airflow shield, instead of a heat sink.

Which is why you will NEVER see anyone running with caliper covers on track, or in racing circles.
Only teenagers slap them on to pretend they have bigger and shinier brake kits than they actually can afford to buy.

Poseurs like them.
Everyone else finds them silly.
There are a lot of Poseurs out there then. LMMFAO. And thats why you don't see Tesla's on the racing circuit because they are only good for a 1/4 mile. The real poser's are the ones who spend 8 grand more for a performance model and put the track package on them LMMFAO. Like really!!!! it's not a race car. Thats why you don't see Tesla's in NASCAR and NHRA. Heat isn't an issue with normal driving around town and on the freeway. You can't compare the two. Cars on the Track and racing circles have completely different braking systems as well. These covers have been bought and used by a lot of people with no negative reviews. It's a matter of choice.

Last edited:
Sweet! That's me in that video doing that install and review. I was about to post a link to my own video but you beat me to it!

Did you just happen to have a link to it bookmarked? Or were you able to find it via Google or YouTube search?

No, I subscribe to your channel, so it was an easy find. Great job with the install video, I had to use a small hammer to knock the clips in place so that made it an easy install.

Fred

Reactions: Rothgarr