Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After Market installers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the issue of brake dust. Just got my Model 3 DM a few months ago. I noticed a noise coming from the back right wheel that sounded like a light high pitch scraping. Very faint but thought it could be a concern so I took it to get serviced (along with a couple rattles and door gap issues). My wife has had a long range Model 3 for about a year and a half and hasn't had any issues whatsoever. The guy at service said the brakes look fine and that with the driving set on standard regen sometimes brake dust develops but doesn't get worn off with normal braking patterns. His solution was to drive a while on low regen and put stopping mode on Creep instead of Hold so that I would have to use the brakes a little bit. I did that for a few days and the problem was solved. The question remains as to why our long range M3 has not had this issue. Different driving habits? The service guy said this is common with Model 3's. Anyone else experience this?

On the issue of brake dust. Just got my Model 3 DM a few months ago. I noticed a noise coming from the back right wheel that sounded like a light high pitch scraping. Very faint but thought it could be a concern so I took it to get serviced (along with a couple rattles and door gap issues). My wife has had a long range Model 3 for about a year and a half and hasn't had any issues whatsoever. The guy at service said the brakes look fine and that with the driving set on standard regen sometimes brake dust develops but doesn't get worn off with normal braking patterns. His solution was to drive a while on low regen and put stopping mode on Creep instead of Hold so that I would have to use the brakes a little bit. I did that for a few days and the problem was solved. The question remains as to why our long range M3 has not had this issue. Different driving habits? The service guy said this is common with Model 3's. Anyone else experience this?
Thank you for sharing that information. Good to know.