Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket Accessories - all the same?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently took delivery of my MYLR so naturally have been obsessed looking for accessories such as cargo cover, camping mattress, window shades etc. I started noticing that every site is selling the essentially exact same product just with their logo and branding on it. Looking on Alibaba I found these exact products and can see the huge markup on them. The custom mattress everyone is selling for $250 cost just $73. The cargo cover costs about $25 and Alibaba offers the custom branding making it super easy.

No problem with people building a business - I support that. But is everyone really selling the same stuff? Are there any sites selling something unique that is locally designed, better quality, and not coming straight from China?

Very difficult to answer this question- everyone's experience varies. Consider how easy will it be to return a defective item or get a replacement . Customer service? there are costs associated with service which are built into price.