Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Aftermarket CF goodies for the Roadster - Feeler - Lets make it happen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The first left side sample came out pretty good.
Left_Side_Sample.jpg

I'll be there this coming Wednesday, test fit. Will post photos.

Thanks Bonnie. Kofi has been online but didn't respond here, would have been nice if he had answered.

B, when you take photos please make sure you include some close-ups around the lights and edges. The taillights fit very snug to the rear body and trunk lid so seating of the overlays is critical to how good they will look..

Bump. This was 4 weeks ago now.

Perhaps an update on where the project stands? Thanks in advance.
Hello - I've been sanding non-stop on tail lights in preparation of the test fit with Bonnie. We've been trying to get the perfect finish right out of the mold, but still haven't done it. I prepped the tail lights to an acceptable stage for clear coating. We'll provide updated pics on Wednesday. Thanks again to everyone for your patience.

Stopping to charge before heading home. I'm very excited about the tail lights that I saw. Kofi didn't let me take a set yet - the finish isn't yet where he wants it, but it is a perfect fit.

FYI - this was a stop for a test fit. He's going to bring the finished product over to me at the Computer Museum on Tuesday, before the Shareholders Meeting. So if you're there, you'll see the finished product and how easy they are to install.

Let me clarify something for everyone (maybe you all knew this, but I didn't fully understand). When I hear 'CF wrap', I think that an existing part has been taken and wrapped in CF. That's not the case here. It's a separate piece that fits snugly OVER the existing taillights & as you'll see from the photos, you cannot see edges or any indication that the OEM tail lights are happily living underneath. Installation time? Five seconds. Skill level? None required, other than to tell up from down and left from right. Once the double-stick tape is on the back, they won't come off unless you're trying to remove them deliberately (and I doubt they'd come off on their own without the tape - that seems to just to be safe).

There are some waves in the CF - couple of options on that. This is a complex part with both convex and concave curves. Laying fabric on a shape like that requires some give and take OR cutting it so that it is in different pieces. I told Kofi and Doug that I much prefer what they're doing over seeing any lines from separate pieces. As you can tell from the pictures, the finished product is coming out top notch.

Set of pics here: https://picasaweb.google.com/103264766572998108571/RoadsterCFTailLights?authkey=Gv1sRgCP2ZyaLi0uKGKw

But here's one:

cf tl 8.jpg

Very nice! Those turned out beautifully.

The easy install is a nice side benefit of simplifying the design to an overlay. I wasn't looking forward to disassembling my tail lights to mount the new surrounds - the quick snap-on solves that problem.

I stopped at the factory to charge on my way home & shared these pics with some of the guys there that I know - they were impressed by the quality of the cf. Going back to the issue of some waves and such because of the changing surface ... some of you may remember Joost and his 100% carbon fiber Roadster. They told me these were FAR better looking than the ones that Tesla had been able to procure (and a lot less money because of the 'cap' design over the OEM part).