Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket Sub Woofer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gladen Mosconi Makes a plug and play adapter.

Thank you.

I tried making my own harness (parts directly from Mouser/DigiKey electronics) but wasn't successful at getting line level out signal out (based on Tesla's diagram). Someone here mentioned that its balanced output so most DSP/Amps cannot handle balanced line level outs into their inputs. I ended up scraping that idea and just tapped into and used speaker level output.
1663759666563.png

I ended up doing the entire install myself (5 channel amp, Helix DSP.3s, replaced front tweeters, mids and door 8inch midbass with a mixed of Focal K2 & Audiofrog speakers). My sub is a Jl Audio CS110LG-TW3 that fits nicely in my lower trunk.
1663759103932.png

However, I am contacting an audio installer (Tesla Model S Subwoofer Box | Phantom Fit) in Jacksonville, FL that makes prefab stack enclosure sub box for either driver or passenger side for a model S. I wanted to make a box for the passenger side since there is just an unused space where the OEM sub used to occupy (seems like a waste of space for me).

My amp rack is not very nice looking since my hand me down table saw wasn't adequate to rip the plywood.
Next year, I will pay an installer to make me a nice amp rack and button up other installs to make it look a bit more professional than my wiring mess. Plus, I will upgrade to a full 3 way active front as well (need another amp) since both mid & tweets are currently using passive crossovers.

Gladen Mosconi Makes a plug and play adapter.
Is this what you are referring to?

I called a few Mosconi/Gladen dealers in the US today to find out how much and it is available yet.

If it is available, I wonder if I can modify it to be used with non-Mosconi/Gladen amps and DSP.

I’m interested in the pricing and availability as well. Possibly a group buy?
I've called the closest dealer to me (~4 hours from Buffalo, NY) and still waiting their response. I've called a dealer near Toronto, Canada as well. It's just now a waiting game since when you call Orca directly, they tell you to find a dealer close to you.

They are available for ~359 Euros on a few European countries' website (e.g., Latvia, Denmark, etc.). However, some of the websites don't translate to English well and it doesn't show shipping to the US. I am not sure if it's a translation issue or these European vendors don't ship to the US.

But I'll find out if from the US Vendor if there's a discount or not for group by (and min qty for group by). Based on the euro price of 359, I'm assuming the USD price will be close to $400.

I've called the closest dealer to me (~4 hours from Buffalo, NY) and still waiting their response. I've called a dealer near Toronto, Canada as well. It's just now a waiting game since when you call Orca directly, they tell you to find a dealer close to you.

They are available for ~359 Euros on a few European countries' website (e.g., Latvia, Denmark, etc.). However, some of the websites don't translate to English well and it doesn't show shipping to the US. I am not sure if it's a translation issue or these European vendors don't ship to the US.

But I'll find out if from the US Vendor if there's a discount or not for group by (and min qty for group by). Based on the euro price of 359, I'm assuming the USD price will be close to $400.
I saw they had speaker wire adapters as well. I’d be interested in them was well. Would be nice to just have a complete set of p&p options to go either route, replacing just speakers and also adding amps as well.

Reactions: siamnet
Update on that Gladen wiring harness. I called and spoke with a Orca technician in Cali and he told me what product the wiring harness is for (at least for part # BXM WK TES X PMM).
Gladen is able to use LINE OUTs from the Tesla 2nd Audio amp. Their harness interfaces with their PICO line of DSP/amp unit (e.g., Mosconi PICO 8/10 and PICO 6/8). The tech stated that the harness w/o cutting it up, isn't supposed to work with their DSP (like Aerospace Mosconi).

I assume the tech meant Mosconi PICO 8/10 since the PREMIUM audio has over 8 channel output. The tech made no guarantees that if you butchered their MOLEX connector that you can convert the Tesla's LINE OUT correctly into an RCA (to be used on my Helix DSP or other DSP). I recalled from Tesla's wiring diagram that LINE OUTs from the 2nd OEM amp, uses balance output (3 wires: ground, + and -). That was where I was having problem last year trying to make the LINE OUT work. I would rather use LINE OUT from Tesla (via this harness) than having to deal with speaker level input since Tesla uses some sort of ALL PASS filter on the audio signal after it leaves the MCU.

In terms of availability. I have no idea since I'm waiting for various sales rep to call me back.

Reactions: davezforce
Partial update on the Gladen wiring harness.:
Apparently, a bunch of Gladen/Mosconi reps are doing a trade show/training in Orlando this week/weekend and they weren't able to respond to the dealers. One dealer in Pittsburgh called me to let me know this and told me the price of each cable was around $700. He also said that Gladen will be releasing more audio harness for the Tesla in the "near future."
The Pittsburgh dealer will ask a Gladen rep/tech about if the wiring harness is LINE OUT or just high level outs.

Personally, $700 for a wiring harness is a bit steep but if it's LINE OUT then might be worth it.

Reactions: davezforce