Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket TPMS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are Original Tesla sensors on eBay for ~$130 new. $20 is hard to beat though, I didn't know of any aftermarkets that were in that range yet. Autel has a BT sensor now, but it's in the $60-70 range.
I personally wouldn't get knock off TPMS sensors. A friend owns a tire shop and the number one cause of flats at his shop is not punctures, its TPMS sensors that develop air leaks.

• Informative
Reactions: electricar
I personally wouldn't get knock off TPMS sensors. A friend owns a tire shop and the number one cause of flats at his shop is not punctures, its TPMS sensors that develop air leaks.

Another data point: I've never had issues with cheap TPMS sensors sealing. As long as the wheel is clean, the seat is lubed and not twisted, and the valve cores are snugged down.

My sensors came, they are also Tesla branded. I'll report back if they pair.
Do you think they are genuine but perhaps "gray market?"

Yeah, the TPMS sensors that develop air leaks, at least in my experience, are from road salt corroding everything. Which no sensor would be immune to, aftermarket or genuine. When torqued properly, a cheap knockoff sensor usually seals no different than an expensive OE one.

Reactions: 804son
Do you think they are genuine but perhaps "gray market?"

Yeah, the TPMS sensors that develop air leaks, at least in my experience, are from road salt corroding everything. Which no sensor would be immune to, aftermarket or genuine. When torqued properly, a cheap knockoff sensor usually seals no different than an expensive OE one.

They might be, no idea. I'll take a pic when I get home.

Beware of replica "Tesla" branded bluetooth sensors out there.
We've had samples from certain suppliers that sells knockoffs even though they claim as genuine OEM.

Maybe they function the same, maybe they don't. (If so, for how long?) Regardless, we refuse to sell knockoff/replica products.

Small visual differences, but hopefully this can help you guys spot the differences:
IMG_5915.JPG
IMG_5916.JPG
IMG_5917.JPG

Lastly, if any of the sensors we sell malfunctions within a reasonable time frame, we'll send you a replacement right away.

Danny - [email protected]

Beware of replica "Tesla" branded bluetooth sensors out there.
We've had samples from certain suppliers that sells knockoffs even though they claim as genuine OEM.

Maybe they function the same, maybe they don't. (If so, for how long?) Regardless, we refuse to sell knockoff/replica products.

Small visual differences, but hopefully this can help you guys spot the differences:
View attachment 1030434View attachment 1030435View attachment 1030436

Lastly, if any of the sensors we sell malfunctions within a reasonable time frame, we'll send you a replacement right away.

Danny - [email protected]

Thanks for the info, for $80 they're either knockoffs or grey market. What is the cost for OEM?

Thanks for the info, for $80 they're either knockoffs or grey market. What is the cost for OEM?
Tesla sells them for $95/each - $380/set.
We sell them for $68.75/each - $275/set

Special pricing for TMC members, just message me ;)

-Danny

Just get these, myself and my friend have used them with success. TSportline is wildly overpriced for non-OE.

Pretty sure the brown-box versions are gray market from Korea/China. They were the first to show up as a cheap alternative, before the fake ones started hitting eBay.

Reporting back, I mounted everything yesterday and the sensors did pair immediately. I had a small leak on the TPMS side, but that's more of a factor of my wheel than the sensor. I snugged down the collar while mounting, but after seating the tire beads the sensor must have shifted. All four collars were loose, so I readjusted and retorqued them. So far so good.

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 10.36.17.png