Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air conditioner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in south Florida where it stays hot most of year. I find the ac very noisy because fan never stops. In order to hear the radio I have to set it very high. Any suggestions?
Many Floridians with Tesla Model Y vehicles have had the glass windows, sometimes the glass roof, tinted with a high quality ceramic tint. There are also sun shades that can be installed in the roof of the Model Y. The tint makes a large improvement in heat rejection, reduces the load on the AC system.

Yes. First stop the heat coming in the sunroof with a shade. I use a fully opaque reflective product by Heatshield and it has made a world of difference.

Next stop the heat coming in from the front windshield and front side windows with IR reducing tint.

Don't know what Elon was smoking when he decided a full glass roof was a good idea ;)

So unfortunately it's one of the things that comes with glass roof, amazing big windshield / windows and living the state with sunny days over 300 days a year.
Tinting all the windows and windshield will help a bit and avoid parking in the sun will alleviate some of the pressure on Air con too.

Heatshield here, as well. Amazing difference in heat reflection. It's not pretty, but frankly, silver side up/white side down, it's not intrusive in the slightest. My wife and daughter never even noticed it!