Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire pressure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

neilostroff

Supporting Member
May 23, 2023
Hallandale Beach
Good day

I live in South Florida where typically it’s very hot and tire pressure Driving an over 90° heat.

When I return to my apartment tire pressure is quite high and when I try to check it through the app, it will only record the previous tire pressure that is until I go down the next morning, and actually move the car

Is there a way around to verify whether the tire pressure is changing substantially during the night from the previous reading?

Thank you
Neil in Miami.

2 systems for tmps sensors.
1. Waking up by a signal sent from receving unit, then even when not driving, mayby after a minute or so, the pressures of that morning.

2. Waking up by movement of the sensor, then you can try to tap the valves to suggests movement to the sensors. So you have to do a round about the car for it.

In any case dont lower the warm pressure, and not even the higher cold pressure on a 90 degr F day, the tire needs the lesser deflection it gives, to produce lesser heat. Cooling down is also lesser at 90 degr ambiënt temperature.

Main goal of pressure determination is nit to overheat the tire material at any spot( ring).

Upvote 0