Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air conditioning in the cargo area of the 5 seat configuration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

drmanny3

Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2014
Santa Barbara, CA
I just bought a 2020 5 seat model X for the larger rear cargo area. We have a Great Pyrenees and we need room for her. My concern was insuring that she is getting cool air. Can I purchase the interior panels associated with the 6 and 7 seat configuration and somehow connect to the air conditioner. I doubt that there is a separate fan just for the rear cargo/3rd row seat, but really don’t know. Any help would be appreciated.

I just bought a 2020 5 seat model X for the larger rear cargo area. We have a Great Pyrenees and we need room for her. My concern was insuring that she is getting cool air. Can I purchase the interior panels associated with the 6 and 7 seat configuration and somehow connect to the air conditioner. I doubt that there is a separate fan just for the rear cargo/3rd row seat, but really don’t know. Any help would be appreciated.
Not only is there a separate fan for 6/7 seats, there is a second A/C condenser and separate controls for the back. It is quite impractical to add to a five passenger.

Reactions: Roamer and croman