Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air recirculation activation and deactivation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
In traffic, especially in winter, I keep activating and deactivating air recirculation to avoid smells (pollution).
But sometimes it is not easy to do without loosing focus on driving.

It would be fantastic to control it via scrollwheel customization, but we can't.
I can't find the (Italian) voice command.
So: what do you do in this situation?
Any suggestions?
How do you avoid air pollution?

This isn't an issue for me, but I'd suggest:

1. upgrading your air filter to one that has HEPA to help when you can't change to recirc. (Note; like me you can't have bio-defense mode but I upgraded to an aftermarket HEPA filter.)

2. Learning the muscle memory to make the change. And then relearning it every time the UI changes since it won't always be in the same place after each update.

In your case, voice command to bring up the screen with the climate options, then learn the physical spot to hit the screen for recirc. Someone else suggested putting something on the back of your monitor so that you can run your fingers along the back to find the correct option and then your thumb will be in position to hit the icon but that doesn't work since you can put recirc as a quick access item on the home screen. For me, it was defrost I needed fast and without distraction, so that idea works for me when voice command fails (which happens when the defrost is on full and the system then can hear my voice over the roar of the fan.)

Reactions: DJ Palmis
Hi all,
In traffic, especially in winter, I keep activating and deactivating air recirculation to avoid smells (pollution).
But sometimes it is not easy to do without loosing focus on driving.

It would be fantastic to control it via scrollwheel customization, but we can't.
I can't find the (Italian) voice command.
So: what do you do in this situation?
Any suggestions?
How do you avoid air pollution?
I’m with you on this, it’s not a simple task to enable/disable recirc. Part of the problem is it’s not just on/off it also rotatates through “auto”. A BMW I owned ages ago had a recirculation toggle on the steering wheel, that was nice.

I’ve been contemplating buying these:

Supposedly it can be configured so the button (which can be placed on the back of your steering wheel) will toggle recirc on/off without cycling through “auto”.

Reactions: DJ Palmis