Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air suspension changes from low to standard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have put my mode to "low" setting to take pictures of the car, but as soon as you get anywhere above creeping speed (5 mph?) it will revert to standard automatically to protect against damage. Otherwise, it's like the guys above mentioned, at 55 mph or greater for 1 minute or longer and it automatically puts you into low to reduce drag.

So, when it comes to a high point in my driveway I should manually set it to high?

Yes. There are some talk about adding a GPS fence that will automatically do this, but for now you have to manually do this.

I just slow down to 8mph when I'm around 2 houses away from my driveway, then flip the switch to "Very High". By the time I then arrive in front of the driveway the adjustment is complete and I can just drive in. I leave it parked in 'Very High' and just pull out and start driving, and it fixes itself.

The first 2 or 3 times I "cursed" Tesla for not having a GPS fence for adjusting suspension, but now it's second nature. The position and size of the (actually GPS fenced) 'Homelink' button on the touch screen bothers me more.

There is some of that discussion in this thread. But requires a hardware change, that tricks your ride height settings to thinking they are higher than they really are.

Anyone run LOW?

I built suspension modules for MB and VAG that worked by offsetting the values from each wheel sensor on the way to the suspension ECU. I had to sniff CAN traffic (vehicle speed) to slowly remove my offsets as speed increased as, without this, the car would have lowered onto its bump stops at speed for some settings.

The up side with MS is that you can replace the links between the potentiometers and the suspension arms with adjustable ones to change the perceived (by the car's suspension ECU) height of the car. The down side is that the adjustable links do not change length with speed thus great care must be taken in how the links are employed.