Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Suspension Compressor Disabled Vehicle unable to Raise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought a 2016 X P90D. 60k. Amazing condition.

Drove it for about 2 weeks and one morning..got the "Air Suspension Compressor Disabled Vehicle unable to Raise." Front was slammed and driving it was very rocky. Took it into Tesla and they recommended changing Air Compressor and both front Air Shocks saying leak and compressor was burned out. They quoted me around 4k Canadian. I had to go on a trip so I left it in the driveway for 2 weeks till I got back.

When I got back..lo and behold, no Issues. No error messages. Compressor worked, car raises. 1 Week later, happens again. I bring it back to tesla and they say same thing, all parts need to be changed. This time I'm pretty annoyed as no answers as to how I could drive for a week with a leaking shocks. So I said, just change the compressor, 1k. They guy said you might be back here with a burnt compressor in about 4-5 months. I said, well if you told me the car disables the compressor to protect it, then how can it burn out? Deer in headlights. Compressor replaced, car worked great for about 5 days..then.. error back, front slammed. Back to tesla to let them know, car was fine for4 days, you know what they said..well we told you, now you burnt out the compressor again. I said..I thought you said it takes 4-5 months...I thought you said it disables it from even burning out, you guys are not giving me consistent answers here. I no longer trusted what they were saying to I just left took the car home, seriously considering selling it at this point.

So I order rebuild OEM front Air Struts (from florida) cost me about 600USD for both. Way cheaper than tesla $1,500 per shock. So the car sits in driveway for about another week. Got the struts. Put them in the car and error still present.

I made an appointment with a non Tesla shop that said they may be able to asses and check for leaks in 3 days. I get in the car to drive it there 3 days later...lo and behold, car lifts, compressor works, no issues. I drive it there, they test it out, they see no leaks with air struts. They also said their system wont allow them access to the car to read any codes.

Anyone get this resolved? Now I'm sitting with 2 OEM rebuilds and no one able to install them. Worst part is, I'm pretty sure the shocks are not even the problem.