Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AirBnB charger question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have just ordered a M3 LR Highlander, and have an AirBnb on a small coastal town in country Victoria.
I was thinking about putting in a Tesla charger in, as it would be a draw card, it would only be a 15amp connection.
Is there a way of stopping anyone from charging when there is no-one at the house or pin code, or do I need to have an isolator inside the house.
Cheers
Terry

I have just ordered a M3 LR Highlander, and have an AirBnb on a small coastal town in country Victoria.
I was thinking about putting in a Tesla charger in, as it would be a draw card, it would only be a 15amp connection.
Is there a way of stopping anyone from charging when there is no-one at the house or pin code, or do I need to have an isolator inside the house.
Cheers
Terry
The Tesla gen 3 Wall Connector has selectable access but that feature wouldn’t be useful to an airbnb, its more for say an office where only the same group of cars can use it. In your case the cheap and easy way is to open the circuit between occupants. Have the cleaners shut off the breaker after the guests leave and next guest can turn it on for themselves.

Upvote 0