Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alarm false alarm....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First big snow of the Winter. I hear what sounded like an armageddon of building rumbling and noise outside followed by a notification that my alarm had been activated by sentry mode. I go outside, no damage, no broken windows, not snow tracks leading to the car, not even footprints nearby. Checked the sentry (of which there were 100 false alarms), and the only thing I can think of is that the snow plow that game by was so big and loud and raucus that it triggered the alarm. Do alarm false alarms happen like that? This is the first Winter with my M3.

My Sentry gets triggered hundreds of times when it rains or snows due to the flickering lights that are picked up by the front camera unit. No alarm thank God. Because of the fact that I don’t want to constantly delete hundreds of sentry footage and because I don’t want to annoy my neighbors on the opposite side of the street with the flashing lights, I’ve disabled Sentry at home….

Maybe in your case the ‘trigger’ for Sentry was too big and caused the alarm to kick in?

Reactions: DblOSmith