Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alcantera Dash?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something like this:

jZ-_cRgbT-RTSDi7hWsiOKvJRbrIlXjj_QKEwfx-s3o.jpg

I always thought the alacantra on the doors looked lonely and out of place since it wasn’t anywhere else. It used to be in the headliner but Tesla killed it in the name of simplicity. It might look good on the dash. I would love to see it first in person just like you as too much alacantra looks dated, almost 70s-ish era velour.

I always thought the better option would be to replace the alacantra door panels with the vegan seat leather if could ever get my hands on it. Put in some stitching and make it look like it was meant to be there. Heck, maybe even making the dash out of it. I’ve never been a fan of the wood. Right now I have a carbon fiber dash wrap and it’s “ok”. Certainly better than the wood.

Nah, I’ve got wood and I love it.

Sorry, I was making an erection pun but it fell flat.

When I got my M3, my reaction was that black vegan leather (plastic) covering the wood panel would look good, but I now think that the strip needs something at least slightly contrasting rather than matching.

The alcantera would look good and provides a different texture. I think the exact shade of the material would be very important as it could slightly clash with the green roof tinge if the leather was a greeny black like in the picture.