Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AliExpress carbon fiber steering wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ngng

Jul 23, 2018
Bay Area
Have yet to install, but these look like they're constructed well. They are HEAVY though 😂

They sent me a glossy version instead of the matte, so I had to return it and pray they would refund me. Crappy CS bot aside, they did what they said they would and I reordered the matte from another vendor. Have not had a chance to install it yet, but I plan to do it after I can get hold of a FLIR to compare the before/after heating efficiency. Paid $360 tax/shipped. I can stomach that!

Reactions: hyp36rmax
I've been wanting to add an alcantra or suede. I want to retain heated function lol. I'm not well versed with Tesla steering wheels. I come from a line of cars replacing factory steering wheels with a Nardi Personal Grinta's.

Reactions: ngng
I tried to post photos but TMC is erroring. Whenever it's fixed, I'll include them here.

As lame as it sounds, one of the things I really dislike about the car is the steering wheel. It feels too thin with a hard edge that should have been round. The material feels cheap too.

I tried to post photos but TMC is erroring. Whenever it's fixed, I'll include them here.

As lame as it sounds, one of the things I really dislike about the car is the steering wheel. It feels too thin with a hard edge that should have been round. The material feels cheap too.
I had the same thing happen to me on a cargo box thread. Pictures are acting weird.

Looking forward to the part you're getting. are you able to share the link?

I had the same thing happen to me on a cargo box thread. Pictures are acting weird.

Looking forward to the part you're getting. are you able to share the link?

Looks like the price went up a little, but here's the link. I have no affiliation and you should do your own due diligence, but I've not had issues with any orders (except Satonic ignoring my warranty requests).

I have the matte with Alcantara, heated.

Looks like the price went up a little, but here's the link. I have no affiliation and you should do your own due diligence, but I've not had issues with any orders (except Satonic ignoring my warranty requests).

I have the matte with Alcantara, heated.
Got the dreaded cant find the page. Do you have keywords that can help point me into that direction?

Got the dreaded cant find the page. Do you have keywords that can help point me into that direction?

I tried to remove the query params, try this (no idea why it's in another lang)

If not, search for "dry carbon tesla steering wheel" and wade through the results. I just tried to include a screenshot but uploads are still broken.

I tried to remove the query params, try this (no idea why it's in another lang)

If not, search for "dry carbon tesla steering wheel" and wade through the results. I just tried to include a screenshot but uploads are still broken.
This link worked! I like this, thanks for sharing. Gonna source a full alcantra/suede. Here we goooo.

Here's the gloss CF with the wrong trim:

IMG_3396.jpg

IMG_3397.jpg

I've seen versions that state "fast heating" which takes about 30 seconds and "regular heating" which takes up to 5 minutes. I'm curious how fast yours takes to heat up and how warm it gets. I do see that only the leather sections heat up and not the carbon fiber sections. The stock wheel heats up entirely.

I've seen versions that state "fast heating" which takes about 30 seconds and "regular heating" which takes up to 5 minutes. I'm curious how fast yours takes to heat up and how warm it gets. I do see that only the leather sections heat up and not the carbon fiber sections. The stock wheel heats up entirely.

I have no idea what I purchased, nor was it indicated on the site lol

Got around to installing this today. I've never enjoyed working around airbags, so I've put it off for as long as I could 😂

Took some before and after thermal measurements and saw a pretty sig drop in temp and distribution in the aftermarket version. That being said, I haven't driven it with the heat on for more than 5 minutes. I'll report back. For some reason I can't pull the images off this SD card, so you'll have to wait for the video. Overall, I am happy with the price and the quality. I naturally hold the lower part of the Alcantara when I drive, and the overall thickness is much better. I have dry hands and did notice that grabbing the exposed carbon can be slick.

Screenshot 2024-04-06 at 19.43.39.png

Reactions: audiohs
After > 5 mins, the wheel is warm to touch but it doesn't get hot like the factory wheel. I haven't had a chance to drive in the morning when it's in the 50s yet, but I suspect the wheel will be warm enough where isn't not cold to touch.

Reactions: yvr_my