Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AliExpress Wheel Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up wheel covers from AliExpress and wanted to provide some quick pros/cons for those who were considering them.

Pros
  • They look great!
  • Foam strips are included to help prevent damaging your wheels.
  • They secure tightly and don’t have any wobble.
  • Tesla logo on each wheel.
  • They were packed well for shipping with each wrapped in bubble wrap with foam and cardboard between each wheel.
Cons
  • Tesla logo is white, and the seller didn’t provide any other color options. I would have preferred if the logo was black, gray or silver.
  • They do not sit flush with the tires. They stick out past the tires a little which may make them more prone to curb rash.
  • While they cover the silver edge of the wheel, they still show the silver wheel through the spokes.

D9CB41B9-A6B2-4B47-A477-C356B74F8CEA.jpeg

5C18B288-E381-4C51-82B3-D656F787E190.jpeg

08EE2AEE-82EA-40B5-ADF9-F697B8FFCFA5.jpeg

I picked up wheel covers from AliExpress and wanted to provide some quick pros/cons for those who were considering them.

Pros
  • They look great!
  • Foam strips are included to help prevent damaging your wheels.
  • They secure tightly and don’t have any wobble.
  • Tesla logo on each wheel.
  • They were packed well for shipping with each wrapped in bubble wrap with foam and cardboard between each wheel.
Cons
  • Tesla logo is white, and the seller didn’t provide any other color options. I would have preferred if the logo was black, gray or silver.
  • They do not sit flush with the tires. They stick out past the tires a little which may make them more prone to curb rash.
  • While they cover the silver edge of the wheel, they still show the silver wheel through the spokes.

View attachment 821459
View attachment 821460
View attachment 821461
I ordered the wheel covers in early July and they finally arrived. There’s no center logo and no foam strips on the edges though. We’re yours glued on? Do you know where I can buy those strips to put on the covers myself?

I ordered the wheel covers in early July and they finally arrived. There’s no center logo and no foam strips on the edges though. We’re yours glued on? Do you know where I can buy those strips to put on the covers myself?
The foam strips were just tossed into the box and each was a little bit too long so I had to trim them when installing them. Before I received my wheel covers I was shopping around for the strips because the listing didn’t say they were included when I ordered. The only ones I found and almost purchased were offered by Rimetrix here: Orbital Rim Protection Kit

There’s a video on efficiency tests. Looks like these covers give just slightly better range than having no covers.

interesting, thanks. i note that the TPARTS covers he tested are all for "left-side" wheels, so the ones he mounted on the right side of his car have the fat side forward as the car drives...results would probably improve with right-left pairs.

i ordered these Yikun covers on Aliexpress...they are right-left pairs. i haven't put them on yet but plan on doing so soon, and will attempt a similar test....

Reactions: PossumK and BitJam
The separate left and right designs from at least one of the vendors warms my heart. Lots of car companies use a chiral design of some sort, but doing separate left/right seemed to end with the Japanese bubble economy (and the C4 Corvette), for cost and ease of wheel rotation. Having covers is potentially the best of both worlds- I would gladly pay for knockoff Gemini covers that ‘spin’ in the opposite direction.

Reactions: SabrToothSqrl