Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All weather mats…. Tis the season (POLL)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys ,

OEM Tesla all weather mats (apparently also made by weathertech) unconfirmed

VS

3D maxspider/other third party

I ask because everyone raves about the 3D but I’ve always kinda been a “get what the manufacturer” designed for the car. Are the OEM ones that bad ? They are $225…

We will be releasing storage bin/container for under the seats that are specifically compatible with LDCRS Mats! On the topic of that:

Are there any 2023 Model Y owners who want a complimentary LDCRS Tesla model y under seat storage bin in exchange for helping us confirm fitment on the 2023 Model Y with pictures/video?
I would love to test out the under the seats storage bins. Just picked u my 2023 YLR yesteray

Upvote 0
Hey guys ,
OEM Tesla all weather mats (apparently also made by weathertech) unconfirmed
VS
3D maxspider/other third party
I ask because everyone raves about the 3D but I’ve always kinda been a “get what the manufacturer” designed for the car. Are the OEM ones that bad ? They are $225…

WT states there isn't a 2023 Floor Liner available for the Y's. I was told by a WT company rep it would be another 8 to 10 more weeks at the earliest. I'm not wanting to go through an entire Chicago snowy winter without floor coverage, but that's likely to happen. I do hope the little Tesla pieces of carpet that come with the car are enough for the short term. I can't think that Tesla would get 2023 mats before WT customers get the same thing. If a Tesla SA states unequivocally that the 2022 floor mats (called floor liners by WT) will fit, be cautious, or try them at the Tesla location B4 you buy them. WT knows there is a slightly different floor design, probably in the back row. They expressly tell you this if you ask on the phone about it. The Tesla floor coverings are all (currently) 2022 and earlier.

Upvote 0
WT states there isn't a 2023 Floor Liner available for the Y's. I was told by a WT company rep it would be another 8 to 10 more weeks at the earliest. I'm not wanting to go through an entire Chicago snowy winter without floor coverage, but that's likely to happen. I do hope the little Tesla pieces of carpet that come with the car are enough for the short term. I can't think that Tesla would get 2023 mats before WT customers get the same thing. If a Tesla SA states unequivocally that the 2022 floor mats (called floor liners by WT) will fit, be cautious, or try them at the Tesla location B4 you buy them. WT knows there is a slightly different floor design, probably in the back row. They expressly tell you this if you ask on the phone about it. The Tesla floor coverings are all (currently) 2022 and earlier.
We can’t speak to the WT mats, however we can speak to LDCRS mats as we’ve confirmed from several customers confirming that the fitment for LDCRS Tesla Model Y Floor Mats fit without issues for the 2023 Model Y’s! If there were any changes, it didn’t seem to affect the fitment of our mats at least.

Upvote 0
We can’t speak to the WT mats, however we can speak to LDCRS mats as we’ve confirmed from several customers confirming that the fitment for LDCRS Tesla Model Y Floor Mats fit without issues for the 2023 Model Y’s! If there were any changes, it didn’t seem to affect the fitment of our mats at least.

Good to know. Very glad you have that instant feedback from your customers. Makes selling product a more reassuring process.

There was a change in China a short time ago with longer Model Y and 3 rear seats and most probably new lower seat frame dimensions to support the change. This might become a world-wide roll-out at some point, (or not). China seems to get new goodies a year B4 everyone else. We'll see if something like that rolls out in N. America at some point. I can see why WT is being cautious. By now, they've most likely sampled enough 2023 Y's to start pre-production. The many running changes in the early model 3 drove them nuts, and they had to ask their prospective customers what Mfgr. date their cars were to sell them the correct fitting liners. Kind of a mess at the time. When asking about the 2023 Y liners 2 weeks ago, he told me that same model 3 story that they told me in-person at the factory store a couple years ago when buying a rear deck mat for the Prime.

Upvote 0
I have the Tesmanian mats (floor mats, sub trunk, frunk, cargo area, and rear seat backs) and they claim theirs fit the 2020-2023 MY, so they may be worth checking out.

I am super happy with the coverage, fit, general rubbery texture, and ease of cleaning to keep them looking like new. The first thing I did was to give them a coat of 303 Aerospace Protectant, and since then I've just used a vacuum and a wet cloth to wipe them down. I've only had them since February, so this will be my first full winter, but after 9 months and 10,000 miles they look as good as new, including the driver's mat. IMO, the simple groove/channel pattern and material of the Tesmanians are much more conducive to maintaining a like-new look than the Weather Techs, which I have in a Honda Accord and have never looked completely clean once they got dirty.
I noticed that it's been about 15 months since you got the Tesmanian mats. How have they held up? Do they still look nice and clean?

Upvote 0
I noticed that it's been about 15 months since you got the Tesmanian mats. How have they held up? Do they still look nice and clean?
I've had my MYLR for almost two years and have driven over 23,000 miles. 80% of the time, I'm alone in the car, so the only noticeable wear is a smoothing of the texture under the heel of my right foot (although it is not dented and is still grippy). The rest of the mats look like new. Every 3-6 months, I give them a coat of 303 and usually only need to vacuum and use a damp cloth or baby wipe to clean them, although I sometimes need to use a brush and soap on the driver's mat.

100% would buy them again (actually I did, for my wife's new M3RWD this past July). I like the minimalist look and how they disappear when installed, as well as how easy they are to keep clean with minimal effort.

Upvote 0
Ditto here. An advantage of these over mats like the LDCRs and the MaxSpiders is they have grooves/channels to that hold more water, snow and slush. If you live in an area that has winter I’d go with these or the Tesla/Weathertech mats. The Tesmanian mats have the advantage of being $70-90 cheaper.
I third that. the Tesmanian are great for snow, they are higher in the front as well.

Reactions: sleepydoc
Upvote 0