Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Almost all input is error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

This is a warning to everyone who does business with Tesla - directly from the leader of the company. The customer is usually wrong.

All companies are like this to various degrees, but many of these companies would see this as a problem that needs improving. With Tesla, this philosophy is baked into their mission.

"Improving the planet by removing humanity"

Reactions: corndog
I've already posted my thoughts on this. Reposted below.

That has to be one of the most arrogant, myopic, and closed-minded comments he ever made.
I'm ashamed to be even remotely associated with Tesla with that attitude at this point.
The keyword is "should". But it doesn't. So obey the input as directed. Stop trying to be smarter than everyone else.
Clearly we can see where this farked up UI direction comes from. As I said before, it's just "F^@# the user".

Last edited:
...opening a lot of customers' eyes as to what comparable EVs are available in 2022.
This whole development about the latest update basically solidifies the notion in my mind that Tesla is a software company. I see so many parallels to Microsoft. The software changes, despite what users need or want. Core functionalities may improve, but user experience degrades with each new version.

Aesthetics, eye candy, and entertainment seem to be the most important consideration for each major OS re-work. (Oh yeah - let's not forget personal data slurping). This usually results in more clicks to do the same thing and critical functions (to users that actually depend on the OS for daily productivity) are hidden deeper and deeper behind the top levels. As i've said previously, i would not be surprised to see Tesla make a command line that users would need to use, to manipulate features that were previously super easy to manage, as a final slap in the face. I will never understand where this mentality comes from. It seems like these companies are saying "we're the only game in town - deal with it or don't use it - we don't care either way".

Tesla is becoming one of the biggest and most profitable companies in the world. I predict they will also become one of the most hated. I really see them becoming the only game in town, in a practical sense. I'd love to be proven wrong, but i don't think so. Re-visit this thread in a certain number of years and see what we observe at that time.

You guys are all correct....

One really gets the sense one is driving a tablet with a car attached, not the other way around.

From day one, I've felt like a hostage to Tesla and that I don't really own the vehicle. Rather, it has always felt more as if I'm driving one of their fleet vehicles. They can just make wholesale, massive changes to the location, size, and style of critical gauges and controls and the owner/driver has zero say. If you don't accept the updates, Tesla's fine print says they can invalidate your warrantee.

The last holiday update before this one did things like that. An equivalent example would be if Audi snuck into my driveway in the middle of the night, pried open my Quattro, and decided to rip out my physical speedometer and replace with a tiny one relocated in to the left of a row of other, similarly sized but less important dials. You'd walk out to your car and be like "WTF?! Can they legally DO that?!"

Another example is the service: Tesla refused to sell me a handful of $1.90 frunk trim clips that *they* had broken when fixing factory mistakes after delivery. A service rep told me sorry, but their supply chain is "strictly managed" (this was just before the pandemic, BTW, so it wasn't related to pandemic supply chain issues). They made me setup a service appointment for weeks down the road. Not to mention that third party glass and tire places won't touch some (or all) Tesla models, depending on the situation....again, forcing you to accept Tesla's service schedules and also pay something like $1000 for a new Model Y windshield (which I did).

Again, the point is that Tesla makes you feel like *they* still own the vehicle, with the interface and controls subject to the whims of a bunch of young tablet programmers fresh out of college with no apparent experience with human-machine interaction or automotive safety. Elon Musks' arrogant, often-totally-incorrect technical pronouncements on social media add to the feeling.

I have to say, driving and owning the all-electric Volvo XC40 Recharge we also have in our driveway is an entirely different experience. As the range of competing EVs increases and Tesla's tax credits and incentives continue to expire, their market advantage is going to evaporate. Elon better pull his head out of his a** and stop acting like a maniac.

R,
B

Last edited:
Did Elon provide input? ERROR human!

151A98ED-A1B9-4417-AEB0-0184D6EB9485.jpeg

Reactions: HankLloydRight
All input is error? Does that include the code written by humans for FSD? No wonder FSD sucks and crashes into stationary trucks. LMAO.

Yes, I've been meaning to post the same thing about the SpaceX astronauts. Do they dumb down the Dragon capsule interface in the same way?

And I'll bet the auto-high beams in the Dragon capsule also don't work so well either. But I sure hope for their sake the auto seat warmers do.