Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative Energy Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They reported eps of 0.15 (gaap) beating avg analyst estimates of 0.11, and right at the top of their guidance range for the qtr.

No. Their GAAP guidance was negative for this quarter. the $0.11 analyst average was for non-GAAP. They guided toward $0.05 - $0.15 non-GAAP and delivered $0.48.

SPWR also raised FY guidance to $1 - $1.30 from a previous $0.60 - $0.80 just two and a half months ago!!! So that stock is basically trading at a 20x PE ratio for this year's earnings; give me a break!

Tough Market! Don't people see the growth? Maybe they are waiting for the conference call which starts in 15 minutes. I guess it's up 3%, but I was expecting more with these kind of earnings.

I was expecting more as well. We might have to see what kind of short squeeze plays into tomorrow's trading because i bet some shorts are going to bail out seeing those numbers.
At least i hope... only 1.5% gain now...
Maybe to much was baked in with yesterday's 7% run up?

- - - Updated - - -

ok Negative, now..... WTF?

I was expecting more as well. We might have to see what kind of short squeeze plays into tomorrow's trading because i bet some shorts are going to bail out seeing those numbers.
At least i hope... only 1.5% gain now...
Maybe to much was baked in with yesterday's 7% run up?

You dont sell on News With a 30% short of the float. Then they shoulda sold 2 minutes before Close. Who the hell sells now? WTF?

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20130731-718493.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...s-second-quarter-profit-on-higher-demand.html

"The company reported net income of $19.6 million, or 15 cents a share, compared
with a net loss of $84.2 million, or 71 cents, a year earlier, San Jose,
California-based SunPower said today in a statement. The company, which hasn’t
reported a profit since the fourth quarter of 2010, was expected to lose 17
cents a share"

"SunPower is benefiting from higher prices in Europe and surging demand in Japan, Ben Kallo,
analyst at Robert W Baird & Co. in San Francisco, said today in an interview
before the earnings were released. He raised his price target to $34 a share
from $24 in a research note yesterday"

Now how the hell do you sell under 28 now, if u didnt earlier today? HOW?