Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative Energy Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
we have SOL's ER on Monday morning followed by JASO Tuesday morning. Lets hope for a one, two punch since JKS and TSL were not able to deliver it for us due to stupid FUD articles....

SOL's ER is actually Dec 5th. And yea JKS and TSL both had great ERs its just a shame on the timing of that article. It completely killed the TSL post earnings bump. And took a lot of the gains away from the other solars that they have accumulated in the past couple weeks. If JASO does good next week then I'll be a happy camper since I have a larger stake in them than the others.

EDIT: Jonathan beat me to it haha.

Sigh, stupid Yahoo. I knew i read dec 5th a while ago, but for some reason i still believed Yahoo was right.
Just one of those weeks.... my head is all over the place. Just not a good one for me.

No problem, I read an article yesterday talking about the SOL ER being today and because it was written yesterday I at first thought it new news and was legit. I then thought to check the renesola website and realized the guy was clueless.

Yahoo and Google have been saying Nov 25 for weeks, but Renesola announced the date just today. You can sign up for email alerts about Renesola press releases at their website.

Speaking of Yahoo...the estimates listed for the 2 analysts covering JKS went from $.23 for 2013 30 days ago to $1.14 for 2013 7 days ago to $1.98 for 2013 now. Estimates for 2014 went from $.49 30 & 7 days ago to the current $2.76 estimate for 2014. Forward P/E went from 60+ to 12+...just like that. I'm hoping the analysts put out something for the press/investors early next week.

Have a great, sunny weekend.

So none of you guys have answered my question. Where will solar stock prices be middle of 2014 for the top 7 popular ones? We played this game with Tesla and didn't do too poorly with the $200/ share guesses. Shall we play for solar? FSLR, SPWR, CSIQ, YGE, TSL, JKS, JASO

So none of you guys have answered my question. Where will solar stock prices be middle of 2014 for the top 7 popular ones? We played this game with Tesla and didn't do too poorly with the $200/ share guesses. Shall we play for solar? FSLR, SPWR, CSIQ, YGE, TSL, JKS, JASO

Much higher than today, I hope. I would guess but the current prices are too low and it's too hard to know if they'll still be too low next year.

Buying and holding.

Much higher than today, I hope. I would guess but the current prices are too low and it's too hard to know if they'll still be too low next year.

Buying and holding.

Thanks for the answer. I was more looking for numbers. They have come up from levels of bankruptcy to that of low levels of growth. Yet year over year capacity growth for the industry should be around 70% +/- until 2016? I'm not expecting another 500% move in 2014 in stock prices on average like 2013, but more of a 100% to 200% average move. The average mover candidates would be in my mind SPWR, CSIQ, TSL types. The smaller ones may do better as long as they can grow and stay in business. All of this assuming the overall market remains healthy. Anyone else care to play?

Last edited:
Thanks for the answer. I was more looking for numbers. They have come up from levels of bankruptcy to that of low levels of growth. Yet year over year capacity growth for the industry should be around 70% +/- until 2016? I'm not expecting another 500% move in 2014 in stock prices on average like 2013, but more of a 100% to 200% average move. The average mover candidates would be in my mind SPWR, CSIQ, TSL types. The smaller ones may do better as long as they can grow and stay in business. All of this assuming the overall market remains healthy. Anyone else care to play?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weekend update: This weekend I spent more time in researching Solar. Nothing new to post here other than what ya'll already know. The spat between China and Japan over those puny islands is a bit irritating to say the least and not good for the market if it continues to escalates, especially for our Chinese solars.
Here's a nice to know bit of data I found on how some of the Chinese Solars are tracking their price targets. They aren't tracking too badly so far. So I would expect to see CSIQ and JKS hit $40 range not far from now if the trend were to continue...

JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. : analysts consensus and price target for JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. | Nyse: JKS | 4-Traders

Canadian Solar Inc. : analysts consensus and price target for Canadian Solar Inc. | Nasdaq: CSIQ | 4-Traders

Last edited: