Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative theft deterrent...your opinion?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I saw this the other day at the local mall (sorry if this is your car :) . I didn't realize they still sell "the club" . Thoughts on effectiveness? Would you use it?

Personally - I am less worried about someone stealing my car, I'm more worried about break ins.

Attachments

• IMG_6712.jpg
    IMG_6712.jpg
    589.4 KB · Views: 68
  • Funny
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
That article was written 10 years ago. I'll bet that thrives don't carry hacksaw blades and the core of the steering wheel has steel so not that easy to cut. Petty thieves do grow up and move to bigger territory and the young ones would not have seen a club. If they wanted the car for export a cut steering wheel is an expensive replacement that probably includes air bag. The new math makes the club better than nothing, in my opinion.

Personally I would like to go back to a physical key/ignition and a FOB to lock/unlock the doors. Our older BMW forced the FOB to be parked in the dash before using the start button. That worked well enough too. Adding a PIN entry process to every use of the car sounds no different to me. Apps, gadgets and extra convenience can have consequences.