TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Altitude info?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by mgemmell, Sep 9, 2013.

1. mgemmell

mgemmell Scottish chap

Hi everyone,

Excuse my ignorance but after a long first drive this weekend I found I needed altitude information in the Model S. The Roadster has it in the car data screen and also in the Sat Nav.

Is it somewhere in the system?

If not, has anyone suggested adding it in future releases?

I'd really like it to form part of the energy use and expected range calculations, and ideally to form part of the navigation system so that the distance to cover and the expected range could take into account climbs and drops in order to close the loop and tell you what margin there is for increasing or decreasing speed.

If it doesn't exist and there is no sign of it getting added I'll build an app (got the rough design done) but it should be integrated into the driving style and battery SOC, which really means making it an App inside the car software package.

Looking forward to hearing that its already in the system :)

2. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

It's not part of the in-car UI, but it IS part of the streaming REST data. FYI.

3. Zapped

Zapped Model S - PURE EV

#3 Zapped, Oct 28, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
    Any update if TESLA will include altitude on the NAV screen ?
    Sure would be nice to know as you're driving what your altitude / elevation is.

Also I remember someone posted the URL of a map with elevations but cannot find it again.

4. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Probably not what you mean but in case I'm wrong...

Tesla REST data
    Track visualization: The Ridge Motorsports Park

BlackVue Dashcam data
    Maryhill Loops Rd