Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Always carry the key card

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My experience (once) was that they already had the picture. I mean I got stopped, didn't have the license and they looked it up for me, and could see it was me from the photo they had (barely - lol)

Wait, maybe it was the insurance details. It's been a while now

I guess it all depends on what you did, what kind of mood they're in and how big an a-hole you are when they stop you 🤣

Depends on the state I suppose. Section 12951(a) of the California Vehicle Code says it a requirement that you carry your DL with you to present when stopped by law enforcement. So yeah, it does depend on the mood of the officer and the person

Also if you have an android phone you can tap the phone on the outside column instead of a keycard and it will unlock the car just like a key card. Useful for when the bluetooth connection is being stupid, which seems to happen to me about once a month at random.

Not sure if the tap to unlock will work if you got signed out of the app though, haven't tested.
Anyone know, does iOS support this feature, and if not what if anything is the limitation?

Wondering about strategies how to reduce required items to 1 carried item.

Possibly just keeping a keycard nested in a phone case if you don't carry a wallet commonly when leaving/parking the car on trips?