Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Always show wrong location on my Tesla app

BULLSHARK

Mar 16, 2019
Burnaby
Just pick up my Y couple days ago, everything seems fine, except the famous fit&finish issues. However I have a software problem on my tesla app, no matter where my car is parked, it always show address couple blocks away from the actual location, and the address on the car's screen is 100% accurate! Navigation no problem, just the app. I try to reset the car, however nothing changed. How can I fix it or should I schedule a service?

Thanks all!

mark95476

Jun 21, 2020
Bay Area CA
Is your car garaged (perhaps blocking GPS signals) and does it have cellphone service where it's parked?

I've only checked accidentally while charging when parked outside and the location was very accurate.

BULLSHARK

Mar 16, 2019
Burnaby
Is your car garaged (perhaps blocking GPS signals) and does it have cellphone service where it's parked?

I've only checked accidentally while charging when parked outside and the location was very accurate.
I don't think so, I try my office which is outdoor parking, shopping mall with outdoor parking, same result. So weird, I guess I need to schedule on site service with Tesla.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC