Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App doesn't show location anymore?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It used to be that when you opened the app, the car's general location would be displayed under "Location" without having to click on "Location". This worked even with the phone's GPS off. Now, if you want to see the car's location, you must have the phone's GPS on and press "Location" to open the map.

Did this behavior just change?

It used to be that when you opened the app, the car's general location would be displayed under "Location" without having to click on "Location". This worked even with the phone's GPS off. Now, if you want to see the car's location, you must have the phone's GPS on and press "Location" to open the map.

Did this behavior just change?

I still see location on the front page of the app, however I have never at any time felt the need to turn off GPS location on my phone. Meaning, I have no idea what the functionality is with GPS off on the phone.

I'm using App version 4.31.0 build 2552. It looks like the latest build changed that functionality(?) I want to go back to the old version :(
I have the same app version and build number on my Samsung S20. The car's location shows up on the main screen. When I first open the app it takes a few seconds for the location and other info from the car to appear.

t-app-version.jpg

So it's working for everyone here but not for me :(

I rebooted the car by holding the brake pedal + scroll wheels, and reinstalled the App. But the problem remains. Maybe there's a setting in the car that's responsible for this? It's a bizarre problem because no settings have been changed in the car or smartphone. It just happened one day.