Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Always show wrong location on my Tesla app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just pick up my Y couple days ago, everything seems fine, except the famous fit&finish issues. However I have a software problem on my tesla app, no matter where my car is parked, it always show address couple blocks away from the actual location, and the address on the car's screen is 100% accurate! Navigation no problem, just the app. I try to reset the car, however nothing changed. How can I fix it or should I schedule a service?

Thanks all!

Is your car garaged (perhaps blocking GPS signals) and does it have cellphone service where it's parked?

I've only checked accidentally while charging when parked outside and the location was very accurate.
I don't think so, I try my office which is outdoor parking, shopping mall with outdoor parking, same result. So weird, I guess I need to schedule on site service with Tesla.

Bumping this old thread. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling 3x now on my pixel 4a 5g and the app still has the incorrect location. It's picking up my next door neighbors address. The pin is on my house when I zoom in on the location map and it shows the right address on my wife's iphone.

I have two Y's in the garage. My LR as of yesterday is 20 miles away from my house. I tried the soft reset multiple times, but the phone app and on screen navi is still 20 miles away. This has never happened before.
MYLR is on the new holiday update 44.25.2
MYP is still on 44.6 and not planning on updating
I don't think there's an issue with my phone as MYP is at the correct address.
Anyone fixed this issue on their own?

Just pick up my Y couple days ago, everything seems fine, except the famous fit&finish issues. However I have a software problem on my tesla app, no matter where my car is parked, it always show address couple blocks away from the actual location, and the address on the car's screen is 100% accurate! Navigation no problem, just the app. I try to reset the car, however nothing changed. How can I fix it or should I schedule a service?

Thanks all!
My Y did this out of the blue and I reloaded the app and it fixed it. Thanks for your suggestion!