TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance March 8-10

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Larry Chanin, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

#1 Larry Chanin, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
    Sorry for the short notice, but how many are planning on attending the Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance March 8-10?

My wife and I will be attending the event. It is unlikely we will be bringing our Model S. We will be traveling with a local Corvette club and will be staying at the Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport.

Tickets to the event can no longer be purchased on-line, but tickets are available for sale at Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island beginning Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 10:00 am and at these locations.

As more details become available I will post them in this thread. I will also be sending emails to Florida Tesla Motors Club members.

I hope we can pull off this impromptu meet-up.

Regards,

Larry

2. jasonkelly

jasonkelly Member

I will be there with some friends.
    -Jason

3. Larry Chanin

Correction:

The Cars & Coffee event is a duPont Registry event at The Golf Club of Amelia Island-18th Fairway on March 9th from 9:00 am to 11:00 pm.

It is open to the public, but it requires a sticker from the organizers in advance to display your car. I have been informed that the event is fully subscribed.

So far, besides my wife and I am aware of two other club members who will be in attendance.

I know that one member does have a sticker and will be displaying his Model S at the Cars & Coffee. Ben will be delivering his Model S this coming Monday.

Larry

4. Larry Chanin

Despite the late notice we did have a few Florida Tesla Motors Club members who were able to make it to this fabulous exotic car show.

DinnerDonQuixotes 2.jpg
    Jason Kelly, Joanna, Larry Chanin, John & Carol Apen

Club member John Apen is a long-time, serious car collector. Although the Cars and Coffee event was over-subscribed, he was able to get a sticker to display his new Model S.

Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance John Apen Model S 2.jpg

carsNcoffeeNjohn 2.jpg

John had only had his Model S for three days before he drove it from the Orlando area to Amelia Island. Fortunately club member Jason Kelly, who lives on the island, was able provide charging for John's car.

Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance John Apen Model S.jpg

John's car was the only Tesla on display at this prestigous event.

Larry

5. Larry Chanin

The Concours d'Elegance did have other cars besides John's Model S. :wink:

Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance Lambo.jpg
    Lamborgini

Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance Maserati.jpg
    Maserati

Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance McLaren.jpg
    McLaren

Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance Vette finalist.jpg
    Classic Corvette Finalist

Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance Cadillac Concept.jpg
    Cadillac Concept 2002

Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance New Corvette Stingray.jpg
    New Corvette Stingray

Larry

6. ClearwaterBchSteve

ClearwaterBchSteve P445 / VIN 1794

Great pictures Larry. There are far too many great car events for us to make them all. Looking forward to the next one we can all get together at.

7. Larry Chanin

Hi Steve,

Yes, this event was unreal and rivals the Pebble Beach version.

With regard to the next events I'm in the pre-planning stages of organizing two club meet-ups, one one the West Coast and one on the East Coast (of Florida :wink:) at the Tesla service centers. They will probably be on Sunday afternoons. I'll need our club members to bring refreshments. If possible, I'm hoping that you and Robin will be able to help in the planning and coordination.

Give me a call when its convenient.

Regards,

Larry