Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anchor/screw fell in rear surface of front right wheel well

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So basically I was attaching mud flaps to my car, and the stupid screws/anchors that came with it were cheap and flimsy but I decided to use them anyways. I pried the two clips at the bottom of the rear surface of the front right wheel so I could put the mud flaps on, and long story short, the anchors and screw weren’t going in so I had to take it out. That’s where it went wrong as the cheap screws had lost all grip for the screwdriver and unfortunately, after working to try and get it out for about half an hour, the half that was stuck (the screw and part of the anchor) ended up falling inside where I had taken the clips of the bottom of the rear surface off. I’m scared that this might affect something, idk what exactly is behind this part of the car. Like would that be potentially going to the area where the battery is and could that potentially cause real danger or harm to my car?

So basically I was attaching mud flaps to my car, and the stupid screws/anchors that came with it were cheap and flimsy but I decided to use them anyways. I pried the two clips at the bottom of the rear surface of the front right wheel so I could put the mud flaps on, and long story short, the anchors and screw weren’t going in so I had to take it out. That’s where it went wrong as the cheap screws had lost all grip for the screwdriver and unfortunately, after working to try and get it out for about half an hour, the half that was stuck (the screw and part of the anchor) ended up falling inside where I had taken the clips of the bottom of the rear surface off. I’m scared that this might affect something, idk what exactly is behind this part of the car. Like would that be potentially going to the area where the battery is and could that potentially cause real danger or harm to my car?
Naaa. Lots of empty space there.