Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ramonneke

Apr 26, 2018
Rotterdam
The current UMC2 is not really user-friendly. Poor media support, very poor Spotify support, no multipoint navigation, a horrible browser that is not supporting any media elements, and buggy.

I love the really clean look of any Tesla but I wish Tesla had adopted Android for their MCU's as it would make the whole eco system be easily expandable with lots of really polished applications. It would immediately fix so many bugs and missing features.

The Polestar really has an edge over Tesla in my opinion as long as Tesla will not open up their UI for applications development.

What do you think?

The current UMC2 is not really user-friendly. Poor media support, very poor Spotify support, no multipoint navigation, a horrible browser that is not supporting any media elements, and buggy.

I love the really clean look of any Tesla but I wish Tesla had adopted Android for their MCU's as it would make the whole eco system be easily expandable with lots of really polished applications. It would immediately fix so many bugs and missing features.

The Polestar really has an edge over Tesla in my opinion as long as Tesla will not open up their UI for applications development.

What do you think?
Even a rudimentary Unix box is more functional that what is in these. I really can't comprehend why they put a 80386 box in these cars. It is not as if computers are a new thing.

What do you think?
agreed, which is why a newer EV went with all android power than starting from a scratch and have similar issues
The Polestar 2 is a Google-powered all-electric Tesla competitor
Volvo teases Polestar 2 electric car with new picture ahead of unveiling