Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annoying road noise rumble Model S 2024

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just recently picked up my new Model S 2024-- my fourth Model S. This one has a very annoying rumble when driving, on any surface. Took it in at 30 miles, complained immediately after delivery; they said they rebalanced my tires, but it was no better. Took it back at 45 miles and they said they would replace the Continentals with Pirellis, both TO, allegedly quieter, and when putting on the new tires, they found one of the wheels was bent (and so how did the first tech balance them?!!), so they rebalanced and checked the alignment. Tire pressure as recommended. Anyone else have a complaint like this? All my prior Model S cars did not have this issue, and when I took a Model Y out, there was no noise like the one on my car.

I have found the 2022 versions (the only ones I've driven) to be oddly noisy, especially on some road surfaces.

Of note, a friend in Seattle has replaced his original Pirelli summer tires (19") with the OEM 19" Continentals and found them MUCH quieter on the absurdly coarse/loud freeways there.

Thus, I would expect an INCREASE in road noise if they swap your tires for Pirellis . . . .

Suggestion: go for a ride in another identical spec'd Model S (same 19" wheels and tires as your car) and see if the same sound is there?

If not, then messing with the tires is seemingly a waste of time as it's likely a motor issue instead, but that's just a WAG.

Lastly, the latest MS's have another acoustic pad on the front fender liners, at the back end. Hopefully yours has those pads? They can only be seen with the frunk open and a flashlight as they sit on the back of front fender liners. Also, while you're there, check to ensure the foam acoustic pads at the BACK of the fenders, directly in front of the front doors, is there on both sides.

Please keep us posted!