Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annual Inspection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Texas new car purchasers get a two-year inspection/registration sticker...except for Tesla - we are limited to just one-year. Ny one year is coming up and I was just curious what the annual inspection on the Tesla will entail since there are no emissions to test - just brakes, lights, wipers, tires, horn? Anything else? Thanks.

Reactions: birchsport
if you purchase a vehicle through a dealer, you'll get this 2 year registration

@mbdionio ah, now it makes more sense. Because Tesla doesn't operate dealerships, their vehicles don't qualify for this perk of buying a new vehicle.

giphy.gif

Upvote 0
This may have to do with the fact that Tesla cannot sell vehicles in Texas. When you live in Texas and purchase a new Tesla vehicle the purchase is routed through Tesla in another state, i.e. Nevada. As far as Texas is concerned you are purchasing a vehicle in another state and bringing that vehicle into Texas. The Texas motor vehicle dealer 2-year registration/inspection sticker does not apply.

Upvote 0
This may have to do with the fact that Tesla cannot sell vehicles in Texas. When you live in Texas and purchase a new Tesla vehicle the purchase is routed through Tesla in another state, i.e. Nevada. As far as Texas is concerned you are purchasing a vehicle in another state and bringing that vehicle into Texas. The Texas motor vehicle dealer 2-year registration/inspection sticker does not apply.

Which in itself is rather ridiculous. Just saying.

Reactions: CapsEngineer
Upvote 0