Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

End of lease inspection, repair & payment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question on lease end tires. I have to change all 4. Understand they have to be a matching set but do they need to be foam filled. Can I return with regular tires matching the wheel size - brand new but not foam filled. No mention of original equipment as far as tires are concerned on the lease agreement.
Thanks.
Sounds to me like you can get the least expensive matching tires you can find, as long as they have proper load rating, etc.

I have had a horrible experience with Tesla lease returns. They failed to check the car in after we dropped it off and leased a new vehicle. The car sat in the service center lot for three weeks. We finally had to go to the center and remind them the car had been sitting there. They failed to do the proper procedures on their end. Now three weeks later we get an access ware in tear bill of nearly five grand for things that were not wrong with the car. There was not one scratch or dent on the car when we turned it in. NEVER again with these people. Be warned. They are a**holes. They also claimed we didn’t turn the charging cables in when we physically handed them to the sales person…the level of incompetence is so frustrating

I have had a horrible experience with Tesla lease returns. They failed to check the car in after we dropped it off and leased a new vehicle. The car sat in the service center lot for three weeks. We finally had to go to the center and remind them the car had been sitting there. They failed to do the proper procedures on their end. Now three weeks later we get an access ware in tear bill of nearly five grand for things that were not wrong with the car. There was not one scratch or dent on the car when we turned it in. NEVER again with these people. Be warned. They are a**holes. They also claimed we didn’t turn the charging cables in when we physically handed them to the sales person…the level of incompetence is so frustrating
My Model X lease (2/7/24) did not include charging cables. They told me to take them from my Model Y trade.

I'm going to return the MY soon. Just had the inspection, and will be doing some repair. I'm surprised by a few things and am in need a few answers:

1. I was not surprised by the excessive wear on the wheel for curb rash ($85 each). I got a quote from Tesla center for wheel repair for $800+. So I should just return as is?
2. Two of my rear tires have "low thread and need replaced" by inspection. I have driven 16,000 miles in 3 years. Is this normal? How often should the tires be rotated? Is this the nature of EV and one-pedal driving, or a problem of MY design in general? I doubt I can fight this.
3. Can I just replace the two tires from a regular shop?
4. Will there be any surprise charge after I returned the car, i.e. Is the Lease-End Inspection final? I was surprised that the inspection missed a pretty obvious thing that I am going to fix anyway, but there might be others. It sounds like Tesla will automatically deduct the charge from my bank account, so how can I prevent that in case of dispute check out Home Remodel?

Thanks, first time, long time
My Audi lease ends in 90 days so i just got the e-mail to schedule my inspection. This is my first time leasing so i’m curious when do you all do your inspection? right away? wait until closer to lease-end? the car is low miles + excellent condition so i’m not worried about getting dinged on repairs

• Funny
Reactions: racerx2005
Not sure why you would ask about Audi on here, but I had a Volvo in similar condition, and the return was pretty painless. The inspection was arranged ahead of time as you. It was pretty forgiving so no extra charge. The return was like 10 minutes at the dealer and no surprises.

• Funny
Reactions: racerx2005