Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another battery/ range question LR AWD Range 250!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have TeslaMate running (service like TeslaFi but on a self hosted environment) on a home computer logging data for me. It is possible that TeslaMate itself is causing higher than normal battery usage (vampire drain), but I have been monitoring states at the car goes to sleep at home (Sentry Mode disabled, cooler in the garage) and stays awake when parked elsewhere (Sentry mode on).

I will record over the next week and report back. Temperatures have dipped a little bit today, so hoping that standby drain from cabin overheat protection should be lower. I really appreciate all the feedback from the community!

I have TeslaMate running (service like TeslaFi but on a self hosted environment) on a home computer logging data for me. It is possible that TeslaMate itself is causing higher than normal battery usage (vampire drain), but I have been monitoring states at the car goes to sleep at home (Sentry Mode disabled, cooler in the garage) and stays awake when parked elsewhere (Sentry mode on).

I will record over the next week and report back. Temperatures have dipped a little bit today, so hoping that standby drain from cabin overheat protection should be lower. I really appreciate all the feedback from the community!

Tracking phantom/vampire and feature use drain is one thing.
Tracking your battery's "range" is another. To extrapolate the max "rated range" that your car thinks your battery currently has, you don't need to factor any sentry mode, etc. Just take a snapshot at any point in time of the 'miles' and '%' on the dashboard (next to the battery, switch display settings to see both one at a time) and divide them.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life