Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another case of the windshield bubble dilemma...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed an extensive long string of bubbles inside the front windshield on both sides (driver and passenger). I did my research on here as well as other Tesla-related sites and found out this was NOT normal.

My car still has full warranty on it and proceeded to make a Tesla Service appointment. I uploaded the picture and let them know about the delaminating issue of the front windshield. The Tesla Service app message said this will be covered and it is a problem, even went to order a windshield for me.

I brought my vehicle in for the Tesla Service appointment and the lead tech said that this was normal and not covered. To quote, "it isn't cracked or anything. If the aesthetics bother you, you'd have to pay out of pocket for the replacement".

Anyone else having issues getting their windshield replaced under warranty for bubbles showing up all along the sides?

I noticed an extensive long string of bubbles inside the front windshield on both sides (driver and passenger). I did my research on here as well as other Tesla-related sites and found out this was NOT normal.

My car still has full warranty on it and proceeded to make a Tesla Service appointment. I uploaded the picture and let them know about the delaminating issue of the front windshield. The Tesla Service app message said this will be covered and it is a problem, even went to order a windshield for me.

I brought my vehicle in for the Tesla Service appointment and the lead tech said that this was normal and not covered. To quote, "it isn't cracked or anything. If the aesthetics bother you, you'd have to pay out of pocket for the replacement".

Anyone else having issues getting their windshield replaced under warranty for bubbles showing up all along the sides?
bull hockey.....

I'm going to shoot Tesla an e-mail and hopefully, they can refer me to a different service center (Tesla Torrance) has not been helpful even with proof and proper terminology for what is happening to the windshield.

Could someone please post their service paperwork for getting this replaced under warranty so I can show my SC. I have the same issue on my car and the service center is refusing to replace it, claiming its normal wear.

What year models are you all experiencing this delamination happening?

I have a 2013 MS and I have it too. I believe the tailgate glass is showing some signs of delamination as well along the top of the glass where it meets the pano : /

My SR+ 2020 delivered in December had the same problem. Thousands of tiny bubbly pit marks that really showed themselves when the sun was low. I tried to clean it as did Tesla in Cincinnati ohio did not help. Use a magnifying glass to see the bubbles easier. Tesla refused to replace under warranty. In Ohio my car insurance AAA includes free replacement for any damaged safety glass. That is the route I took. Any new front glass should be examined under magnification and approved for installation. They did allow me to do this. Cost to AAA was near $1300.

And I thought...' Well the car is 7 years old so it can happen' , but yours' is a 2020 !! smh

Another sourced material that was improperly spec'd from a new car manufacturer. Good thing they nailed the concept and design bit