Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Dealer EV Horror Story

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do Model S's have unexpected 5 month delays, on top of the original order time?

I don't know about 5 months, but it's not unheard of for a delivery to be delayed and have no communication. Heck, you can just go read the posts on this forum circa fall 2012. I'm sure you'll find a bunch from me alone.

Fortunately, I finally found out today that it is indeed a typo and the delivery date is July. Still several months delayed.

lol yup, been there too.

It became a BBB issue because through dealer, corporate customer service, and escalated channels for both avenues I had "no ETA" and no explanation for delivery and silence after the 5/14 delivery deadline (which in itself was far from the first hard deadline given). I even was working with the same guy who responded to the BBB complaint. I never once was notified of any delays on any step of the way, even in mid February I was advised that the vehicle was due to arrive at the dealer within a week. I know delays happen, but I have never once heard of an ICE being sold for three years being delayed by 5+ months.

Fair enough, I was just pointing out that I don't think this is a "dealer" thing here as Tesla has had similar issues in the past. As I said above, I experienced it myself. I sat there while folks with reservation numbers higher than mine (and even production cars) got their cars and no one could tell me where mine was or why it was delayed. Heck, I even remember GeorgeB assuring all signature owners during that time that no Production cars would be delivered before the sigs, and that went right out the window as soon as the rush to ship cars before the end of the year kicked into full drive.

Last edited by a moderator: