Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ANOTHER (DELIVERY CHECKLIST) 1-Page Version

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes I complain, because I think the Model 3 should meet and exceed the 2013 Technology of my Equinox, not requiring me to buy unnecessary items to meet 2013 standards. If you have to BUY items because of a lack of BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY, then I would not call this being FUTURISTIC. You cannot use your phone cable to transfer music, what if your BT on the phone is broke and you never fixed because you never needed it, I guess now you go out a buy a new $1000 phone because the model 3 does not have 2013 Technology! Where does it end?? Just my Thoughts, Thanks

I actually agree with you, although the reasoning itself falls apart with certain tech. I mean... My 1982 Pontiac plays cassettes. How can a Tesla lack backwards compatibility? Also, where's the CD Changer?

Reactions: Pkmmte
Great list! Thanks for posting.
If you still want to use your iPOD you could pick up a bluetooth transmitter. They're not too expensive and should allow you to still use your iPOD.
Not sure that works how you think it works... What we want to see from an iPod is the library/playlists, and all that. What you get from a USB stick is a bunch of songs and using a BT transmitter may give you the current song.

There are some gimmicks to get 'songs on a stick' organized (search here and on the Internet) but it's a major pain. In my BMW, plugging in your iPod to the USB jack had your playlists and library show right up. The media access is one of the things that needs work on a Tesla.

Since day 1 (virtually) Tesla owners have used a detailed checklist since it’s easier to have issues corrected on the spot and many live a long way from a SC (service center). It also may take a while to get parts so if they need to be ordered, better do that at the start and not waste another visit!

It’s also hard to remember all the things to check when you are fainting over your new car. :D

Reactions: Amit519
Yes I complain, because I think the Model 3 should meet and exceed the 2013 Technology of my Equinox, not requiring me to buy unnecessary items to meet 2013 standards. If you have to BUY items because of a lack of BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY, then I would not call this being FUTURISTIC. You cannot use your phone cable to transfer music, what if your BT on the phone is broke and you never fixed because you never needed it, I guess now you go out a buy a new $1000 phone because the model 3 does not have 2013 Technology! Where does it end?? Just my Thoughts, Thanks

I hope you are aware that the M3 uses Bluetooth on your phone as the primary way to get in the car?

The iPod has gone the way of the CD, Cassette, and 8 Track before it. I think your expectation of backwards compatibility is a little off.

Reactions: mhan00
For those of us new Tesla owners (or at some point soon to be), a video of this checklist would be cool. Especially with some of the issues with the touchscreen, not sure what some of those descriptors meant with touch the Tesla, then the unicorn?

For those of us new Tesla owners (or at some point soon to be), a video of this checklist would be cool. Especially with some of the issues with the touchscreen, not sure what some of those descriptors meant with touch the Tesla, then the unicorn?
Wish I could expand on that CHECK procedure, since I will not receive the model 3 for another 4 months, just relying on what other members have posted on this forum. I will be able to answer your question in 4 months:D

Reactions: popoemt
I hope you are aware that the M3 uses Bluetooth on your phone as the primary way to get in the car?

The iPod has gone the way of the CD, Cassette, and 8 Track before it. I think your expectation of backwards compatibility is a little off.
Yes I'am aware and I do have BT on phone, but I guess I can forget about using my 8 Track Tapes - Cassette Tapes - CD's - Phone Cable in the Model 3, for Music Transfer!! (Bummer Dude) :)

Attachments

• Pic1.png
    Pic1.png
    334.8 KB · Views: 82
I actually agree with you, although the reasoning itself falls apart with certain tech. I mean... My 1982 Pontiac plays cassettes. How can a Tesla lack backwards compatibility? Also, where's the CD Changer?
I gave up my CASSETTES & 8 TRACKS long ago but still have CD's, that I don't use. BT from phone is OK, just caught me off guard finding out about - No Music Transfer via Phone Cable or IPOD Cable in Model 3.:eek:

Since day 1 (virtually) Tesla owners have used a detailed checklist since it’s easier to have issues corrected on the spot and many live a long way from a SC (service center). It also may take a while to get parts so if they need to be ordered, better do that at the start and not waste another visit!

It’s also hard to remember all the things to check when you are fainting over your new car. :D
Totally Agree, Thanks, Well Said!!!!

I'm curious about the purpose of this checklist.Any other car, one just walks around and checks for dents and/or paint damage, lights come on, engine sounds good and off we go. Is the M3 quality bad? Did I miss something?
Wish I had your TRUST in new car purchases, I might have less stress when purchasing. Cannot comment on the Quality since this will be my 1st Tesla. Just know what other Forum Members have posted regarding Their Model 3 Problems at Delivery!!