Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another example of the world's worst customer service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you seen how the CEO acts? Leadership starts at the top, do you really think Tesla management is any good?

Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 8.47.15 AM.png

A more proper response from Tesla would have been that they are sorry but do not have any towing services available in your area of need. Please contact a towing company directly, and send us the bill for reimbursement.

Why would Tesla reimburse him for hitting a rock?

Tesla is a manufacturer. You bought a car from them, their warranty covers manufacturer faults, they have limited roadside service as well. But if YOU break it, why would that be their responsibility in any way?

If I throw a baseball at my TV, should I call Samsung and demand another one?

Last edited:
Why would Tesla reimburse him for hitting a rock?

Tesla is a manufacturer. You bought a car from them, their warranty covers manufacturer faults, they have limited roadside service as well. But if YOU break it, why would that be their responsibility in any way?

If I throw a baseball at my TV, should I call Samsung and demand another one?
You must not have read the other posts that he is out of warranty. He really shouldn't be calling Tesla Roadside.

You must not have read the other posts that he is out of warranty. He really shouldn't be calling Tesla Roadside.
As I mentioned in a earlier post, I called Tesla roadside to get a tow operator who is familiar with towing Teslas. I wasn't looking for a freebie from them.
I will learn from the mistake. Never again will I call (er, I mean text) Tesla Roadside. And once adequate supply returns to the new car market, I'll be selling the car and never have to put up with Tesla's customer non-service again.

As I mentioned in a earlier post, I called Tesla roadside to get a tow operator who is familiar with towing Teslas. I wasn't looking for a freebie from them.
I will learn from the mistake. Never again will I call (er, I mean text) Tesla Roadside. And once adequate supply returns to the new car market, I'll be selling the car and never have to put up with Tesla's customer non-service again.
AAA, insurance, Tesla roadside probably all contract to the same tow companies in a given area. No matter which you call, good chance you’d get the same company.

At least with State Farm, if you utilize their Roadside Assistance it will count as a claim. Three claims in three years no matter if not at fault, comp claim, window chip, etc….still counts as a State Farm claim and then you are subject to non-renewal or rate increase. My Agent told me explicitly not to have towing or rental car coverage for this reason. He said if State Farm has to pay any money out, it counts as a claim. I’ve had a window replacement, a window chip repair, and a not at fault accident where a guy with no insurance hit my car in a parking garage. I got a letter shortly after from State Farm. I’ve never had a ticket or an accident, and I’m 50 years old.
Sounds like a terrible insurance company which sells "features" but then penalizes you for using them. You should be glad to be rid of them.
I have AAA which is cheap but they are incredibly good at providing service. Tires, gas, and they will even come out and replace your 12v battery.

Sounds like a terrible insurance company which sells "features" but then penalizes you for using them. You should be glad to be rid of them.
I have AAA which is cheap but they are incredibly good at providing service. Tires, gas, and they will even come out and replace your 12v battery.
AAA is not cheap. I think you meant "not cheap".

Does anyone have any claims experience with Tesla Insurance? I switched from AAA to them because AAA's high cost to insure Tesla. I hope I don't have to file claim with Tesla but wonder what it would be like if I do have to claim.

I still have State Farm. They said my three claims in three years is on my record so any prospective new insurance company will see them and provide a similar rate. If I have to make another claim and State Farm doesn't renew me or raises my rate, then I'll shop around at that point. So far nothing has changed and the first claim, the windshield replacement for my wife's car, will drop off in another few months so that will bring me down to two claims....the window chip repair and the uninsured motorist hitting my car. I got rid of towing coverage, however. I didn't need it anyway, as my Tesla and my wife's Volvo are both under warranty with towing included.

I still have State Farm. They said my three claims in three years is on my record so any prospective new insurance company will see them and provide a similar rate. If I have to make another claim and State Farm doesn't renew me or raises my rate, then I'll shop around at that point. So far nothing has changed and the first claim, the windshield replacement for my wife's car, will drop off in another few months so that will bring me down to two claims....the window chip repair and the uninsured motorist hitting my car. I got rid of towing coverage, however. I didn't need it anyway, as my Tesla and my wife's Volvo are both under warranty with towing included.
With deductible, I just paid for the chip windshield repair instead of claiming insurance.

AAA first then Tesla later.. on seprate note their CSR blows beyond belief.. they deserve all the s%^$ that comes their way for offering such s^%$ service.. if you cant figure out fit and finish already, for gods sake the least you can do is offer proper CSR..

Last edited: