Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another reason to subscribe instead of buy FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought FSD when I bought Nick (see sig), but I decided to subscribe to FSD for Tessie. Although I hate recurring expenses, it seemed smarter to "rent" (reasoning debated in other threads).

An unexpected $200 benefit is that Tesla is giving subscribers a free month (just to be nice?) whereas purchasers get nothing.

I bought FSD when I bought Nick (see sig), but I decided to subscribe to FSD for Tessie. Although I hate recurring expenses, it seemed smarter to "rent" (reasoning debated in other threads).

An unexpected $200 benefit is that Tesla is giving subscribers a free month (just to be nice?) whereas purchasers get nothing.
Although I had purchased FSD previously, when I replaced my 2018 Model S with a 2023 S last year (before the FSD Transfer deal was offered), I decided to buy EAP, which I use all the time, and subscribe to FSD for $100/month only when I needed it (road trips for example). Even if I paid every month, it would still cost me less than buying FSD for the length of time I would likely keep the car. However, I’m enjoying my free trial this month. 🙂

Although I had purchased FSD previously, when I replaced my 2018 Model S with a 2023 S last year (before the FSD Transfer deal was offered), I decided to buy EAP, which I use all the time, and subscribe to FSD for $100/month only when I needed it (road trips for example). Even if I paid every month, it would still cost me less than buying FSD for the length of time I would likely keep the car. However, I’m enjoying my free trial this month. 🙂
But why? FSD only adds autosteer on city streets. A roadtrip is presumably mostly highway and highway is handled by Navigate on Autopilot which is available with EAP.

But why? FSD only adds autosteer on city streets. A roadtrip is presumably mostly highway and highway is handled by Navigate on Autopilot which is available with EAP.
The main reason was to eliminate the restriction where Autosteer won’t go faster than 5mph over the speed limit on rural highways, which FSD doesn’t have. I agree that FSD adds nothing to highway driving.

Reactions: PianoAl and E90alex