Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another successful trip CO to OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just finished another successful trip from Denver to Toledo, OH (in the cold coming back). No issues at all, even in single to negative conditions. (M3P)

A couple of things I suggest who is traveling

1) in the cold/winter, keep a 10-15% buffer

2) ABRP is a "tool"....use it in conjunction with your Nav.

3) 71-72 degress in the car is the sweet spot.

4) Draft when needed (definitely can gain 3-4% if you find a truck going the speed limit

5) Enjoy the trip.

Total cost of the trip was $320
Capture.JPG

Traveling with the Tesla is not a problem. Done three cross country trips in the last three years. One thing I did notice over the last couple of years, is the cost to charge has gone up considerably.
Looking at this trip 1253 miles with a total cost of $320. I just looked at what my Prius would cost to do that trip. 50mpg Prius with gas at $3.25 would cost around $85. Does your total cost reflect the round trip cost for 2500 miles plus hotel and food?

Traveling with the Tesla is not a problem. Done three cross country trips in the last three years. One thing I did notice over the last couple of years, is the cost to charge has gone up considerably.
Looking at this trip 1253 miles with a total cost of $320. I just looked at what my Prius would cost to do that trip. 50mpg Prius with gas at $3.25 would cost around $85. Does your total cost reflect the round trip cost for 2500 miles plus hotel and food?
This is true. I remember doing this same trip a year or so ago and it was 80 bucks in a SR+. I only stopped at a hotel coming back but they had an destination charger that cut some cost (some but add back in the the cost of the hotel then it evens out)