Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Tesla Bait and Switch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A new approach to the usual Tesla Bait and Switch. Three days ago I went in to buy a Model 3 (I already own a Model S). During the discussion with the salesperson, she stated that there would be a $500 bonus on the trade-in. Yesterday morning I took the wife and the pink slip in to finalize the deal. I met with not one but two of the salespeople. As we were finalizing the deal, I was informed that the bonus $500 for the trade in, I had to take delivery of the car today to be eligible for the bonus but the car would not be available for eight weeks, therefore, I did not qualify for the bonus.

That was a very pretty bait and switch!

My decision was to walk away (with a bad taste in my mouth).

Ah, yes the “end of quarter” deals. They vary each quarter, (once it was waiving of the destination fee, another time it was a fire sale on “inventory” cars), but you do usually have to take delivery by the end of the quarter.

In the end, Tesla is not all that different from a regular car dealer with this type of stuff. Unfortunately.