Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Advice for Destination Charging near Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine, TX?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also live about 5 miles from the Great Wolf and have an 80A HPWC, just let me know. The new Whole Foods in Colleyville has a chargepoint, but I have not tested it. The others have given you the skinny on all the local chargers in in the GV area.

The Gaylord is just a bit down the road from the GW, I gotta believe they have EV charging, but again if you have dual chargers, nothing within reach besides a SC beats an 80A HPWC.
The Whole Foods charger isn't practical, as it gives an extremely low voltage and it's often ICEd. The one time I could try it, I got 3 miles of charge in 30 minutes. Plus, there's only one non-handicapped spot for the two chargers.

I don't think Gaylord has EV charging, but what they do have is covered parking ($19/day), so that probably means there's a 110V outlet somewhere in there. It's a shame really, since they have hosted events from the Green Parking Council and DFW Clean Cities.

Original pancake house has two Blink units...off of 121 in Grapevine. One is often iced, but the other is open because...IT IS IN A HANDICAPPED PARKING SPOT!

Right, so it can't be used by an EV unless it also has a handicapped placard.

Also on OPH, the managers have shown no interest in protecting the spot for charging.

Last edited:
Original pancake house has two Blink units...off of 121 in Grapevine. One is often iced, but the other is open because...IT IS IN A HANDICAPPED PARKING SPOT!

OPH closes at something like 4pm, so you might be able to charge there in the evenings without being ICE'd otherwise there is always someone blocking these. There are a bunch of chain restaurants nearby that are open nights.

I found the Blinks not working a while back the only time I tried.

We are doing this trip (from Austin to Great Wolf Lodge) in October, I am curious on how things went alwaysru. Let me know which plug charge you end up using, was it Farmers Market Grapevine? Do you know if both chargers listed were working?

Thank you!
Make sure you note the HPWC sharing offers above! Otherwise, the recommendations from those of us who live here remain the same.

Saw the charging stations at the Gaylord today. Four stations at the Far East of the convention center garage. Charging appears to be free, but parking is $19 daily. I added to Plugshare.
12dd03075614163fdb4ecb4c4ad8b9b6.jpg

Last edited:
Which reminds me. The one big change since this thread started is Grapevine Mills has Chademo and four L2 charging stations. Needs an NRG EVGo card. It's two miles up the road and certainly Grapevine Mills is an easy way to burn time while charging.

Which reminds me. The one big change since this thread started is Grapevine Mills has Chademo and four L2 charging stations. Needs an NRG EVGo card. It's two miles up the road and certainly Grapevine Mills is an easy way to burn time while charging.

now that I have an S...I have a question. What charging card do you carry? I have a blink mainly for my electric bike, should I get the EVGo card?

now that I have an S...I have a question. What charging card do you carry? I have a blink mainly for my electric bike, should I get the EVGo card?

I have Blink, Chargepoint, EVGo and several others. So long as there's no charge to have an account and I think I may need that brand on a trip, I'm happy to carry it. But I very rarely use any of them.

bollar, many thanks for the great tip!
Just read a little bit about getting NRG EVGo, I don't see myself going to Dallas area that often so looks like the "flex" will be best for me (no monthly fees). However, $4.95 for setup and then another $4.95 / session + $0.20 min if I go with chademo...hmmm.

Will need to figure out if I will be at mall long enough to just use the Level 2, otherwise, I will need to spend the $$ on a chademo adapter...although I've heard there's a local group sharing chademo adapter that I may be able to join...plus the above fees/charges.

Two weekends? As in September 19? Are you coming to join us for National Drive Electric Week? Grapevine Mills is only two miles up the road! :D
You can borrow my Chademo adapter while there and your problems are solved!

That's the date! And I just signed up for a NRG EVGo account as well so your Chademo charger will be useful :) I'm signing up now for the N. Texas National Drive Electric week now.