Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any advice from seasoned travelers to Northwest?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you can go up all the way up the Oregon coast now. Supercharge in Astoria, top NW corner of Oregon, go over the bridge over the mouth of the Columbia River, continue on up the Washington coast to Aberdeen. Have the freshest cleanest local Oysters in South Bend. But don't eat too much! About 10 miles south of Aberdeen, stop in Artic at Clark's Restaurant. Excellent hamburgers and share the fries! But the hard ice cream milkshakes are the best! Aberdeen is your next Supercharger. Across the street just past the Les Schwab Tire is Breakwater Seafoods. Talk about fresh! Behind the counter is a big fish cleaning table. You will have no trouble getting to the Seattle Marriott from there. I make the Seattle run all the time. If by chance you're still hungry, about half way between McCleary and Olympia, on the right is an award winning BBQ place that does on site real wood smoking.
Thanks ;-)

Then we want to drive up west coast by Gulala, Mendocino, Ft Bragg to Eureka.-Then up coast to Crescent City, Bandon, Lincoln City, Seaside. Then on to Seattle.

If anyone has taken this drive-any advice?

I assume after you hit Ft Bragg you're going to head over to the 101 to Eureka right? Make sure to take the detour through the Avenue of the Giants when you hit Humboldt. It's one of the best detours you can take in the U.S. (And don't go through there at night of course).

I'm not crazy about the 1 up the coast, but you have to do it once in your life.

Recommend having a quick stop in Quartzite, AZ supercharger if driving over the weekend. There is a large RV park there and on the weekend all kinds of local artists and weird stands pop up. Really fun cool place to explore.

Cabazon Supercharger can get busy on the weekends due to the outdoor mall. You may want to stop earlier at Indio or top off at Quartzite.

The drive down PCH is nice and easy. There are a lot of people making the drive every day and going along is usually slow. Check goggle maps before you leave, the recent rainstorms have a couple of sections closed.
I would recommend stopping at Hearst Castle & McWay Falls along they way. Both really amazing places to explore that everyone should visit at least once. McWay Falls especially. it's only a short 5 min hike off the road.

There are not many places to eat off PCH between Morro bay & Carmel. The few along the way tend to be pricey. Avoid Nepenthe in Big Sur. It was recommended to us because of the view, But the the food is average and very expensive.

• Informative
Reactions: ThisIsTrue