Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any fix to the VCFRONT_a447 recently?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if it's already been posted. My 2022 Model 3 (had it about a month) started giving me 447 errors two days ago and hasn't had working AC since then (it's on 4.30.7). I've scheduled an appointment but that's over a week away, is there any other fix so I don't turn into a popsicle at -17 C tomorrow?

Thanks for the help.

Sorry if it's already been posted. My 2022 Model 3 (had it about a month) started giving me 447 errors two days ago and hasn't had working AC since then (it's on 4.30.7). I've scheduled an appointment but that's over a week away, is there any other fix so I don't turn into a popsicle at -17 C tomorrow?

Thanks for the help.
Recent heat pump failures - software issue?
Long thread on this. You can dig through but some things that have helped some people (but may not necessarily help you) include a hard reboot, checking the front louvers/flaps to see if they are stuck open from ice, using the app to preheat the car first.
For reference you can see the louvers/flaps being discussed here, they should be closed when the temps reach below a certain level:
Louver operation?
If nothing works, some people have made do with the heated seats and steering wheel (which is better than nothing).

From a quick glance on the thread, this mass failure may be related to one of the recent updates that might have ignored some sensors and in turn may have permanently damaged some compressors (especially in conjunction with flaps not closing). That may explain why some have had the issue fixed with a subsequent update, while some required hardware replacements.

Thanks. I have never seen my louvers open as far as I know (since it's never been above 10 degrees) but I do hear a series of 3-4 clunks whenever the car powers on now. Hard reboot didn't help nor preheating, hope I can get a software update that fixes it...

Here is the solution. Your sensor is icing over. So if it's too cold outside and condensation gets on the vent/sensor it will ice over. If it's hot outside and you have your a/c turned on too cold...it will ice over. So, keep a/c at 72 at the lowest. If it's cold outside - not much you can do since your heater won't work to melt the ice. Use your seat heater to warm yourself.

Thanks for the help.