Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any good rear trunk organizers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I have this and its working good. I got it from amazon Canada, but it might be also available from Amazon.com. good luck.

51DuavTvwZL._SY90_.jpg

Knodel Sturdy Car Trunk Organizer with Premium Insulation Cooler Bag, Heavy Duty Collapsible Trunk Storage Organizer for Car, SUV, Truck, or Van (3 Compartments, Black)

CDN$ 52.99

Reactions: Koolio46
Hi,
I have this and its working good. I got it from amazon Canada, but it might be also available from Amazon.com. good luck.

@XY2B nice find, looks like it has a lot of potential! When it's collapsed, does it fit somewhere convenient? Maybe in the pockets on either side of the under cargo floor bins? Or in one of the under cargo floor bins?

Would you mind sharing a pic of it expanded in your hatch? And optionally stored away somewhere collapsed would be awesome as well. :) Thanks in advance!

Hi,

51DuavTvwZL._SY90_.jpg

Knodel Sturdy Car Trunk Organizer with Premium Insulation Cooler Bag, Heavy Duty Collapsible Trunk Storage Organizer for Car, SUV, Truck, or Van (3 Compartments, Black)

CDN$ 52.99
I've been considering that one too. What I'd like to know, if you don't mind sharing, is:
  1. If you collapse one or two of the compartments (as opposed to folding the whole thing up completely), does it fit in a useful fashion in the main underfloor trunk compartment? What about the frunk?
  2. If you keep it behind the rear seat, can you use the hooks to strap it to the LATCH anchor points back there? I don't think we have another point of attachment back there, right? Or is that unnecessary with the friction bottom?
  3. How well does the insulated section work?

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Anyone find a good cargo net for the Y?
I haven’t seen any except the Evannex net but it doesn’t say if you need to make holes for the anchors etc?

I don’t want things sliding around when driving a bit spirited.

I bought this one based on a recommendation from a poster here earlier this summer.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E81VN8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's heavy enough and grippy bottom so it doesn't slide back or forth plus it's width is a perfect fit for the back of the Model Y. Folds down flat too, if you don't need it.

I have this one too and I’m very happy with it. It fits very snug between the wheel wells and doesn’t move when in place. Some folks that ordered it reporting it smelled funny but I didn’t have that issue as did others that got this model. Now, the tight fit between the wheel wells might also be an issue for some folks as it does make it a little harder to move or remove. Usually put it about 6-8 behind the rear seat back so that I can use that space and the organizer space to hold large loads of groceries. That way I don’t have to subdue my driving habits to keep stuff from sliding around in the back of the car! ;):)

I recommend the Tesmanian trunk organizer. Unfolded this organizer expands to 30" X 16" X 11". The organizer can be collapsed when not needed. The organizer can slide around a bit on the factory carpeting of the rear hatch storage floor of my Model Y but when filled with groceries it does not freely move around. The Tesmanian organizer has more interior volume than some of the less expensive organizers that I saw for sale on Amazon. I have not noticed any odor coming from the materials used in the organizer. There is no insulated compartment in this organizer if that is something you need. I would purchase the Tesmanian organizer again.

Tesla Model Y Rear Trunk Organizer