Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any M3 Tech Solution to Eliminate Front Air Dam Crunches?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I remember when cars began appearing with air dams under the front bumper. Soon after, many of the air dams looked pretty beat up after someone's haphazard nose-in park at a curb. Is there any M3 tech that helps eliminate nose air dam crunches when nose-in parking to a curb?

I remember when cars began appearing with air dams under the front bumper. Soon after, many of the air dams looked pretty beat up after someone's haphazard nose-in park at a curb. Is there any M3 tech that helps eliminate nose air dam crunches when nose-in parking to a curb?
I suggest backing in using the rear camera. If you want to go in forward, you can pull in most of the way, get out of the car and use summon to pull in the rest of the way, stopping it manually when it is close enough. Unfortunately, there is no tech which makes this easier. The parking curbs are too low to be seen by the sonar when you are close.

Well, the tech may actually be there. You don't need a sensor that can image at distances of 1 ft. You need a sensor that can image at (say) 10 ft and other means to figure out how far you've traveled. I bet that could be added by software.

When I recently rode with my niece, who’s only been driving for a year or so, my only critique of her driving was how far forward she pulled the car into the parking stall. “While it’s not a problem in this car, you will eventually drive a car with a low nose and damage the car by pulling up so the wheels hit the curb. Get out of that habit now and avoid heartache in the future.”

Backing in and stopping before the curb even goes under the rear bumper is my preferred parking style in the Model 3.

Reactions: suwaneedad
I have found the sensors on the front of the model 3 to be unreliable when it comes to concrete parking barriers. My solution was to install a infrared curb sensor. It is made by Brandmotion and the model is
Curb Alert PRO Parking Sensor 5000-CA5 It works beautifully.

• Informative
Reactions: SD_Engnr