Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

any model 3 owners had a new battery fitted with some fault that occurred since ownership?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having had my P85D for a while and enjoying that car, now with 97k miles on it. I decided to get a model 3 M3P in white. I still kept my P85D as well.

The M3P is fun to drive also, much more nimble than the model S and both feel just as fast as each other. My model S had a new battery fitted at 42k as tesla said it had a fault, so it had a new main battery and I was wondering if any model 3 owners have had a new battery fitted with some fault that occurred since ownership?

P85D is black, M3P in pearl white, liking the white as easy to keep clean, both cars have had a full ceramic coating. but white is easy and surprisingly doesn't show the dirt like the black one does.

• Disagree
Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
Not sure if the failure/warranty rates will be high for the 3 battery replacement as the cells are a more advanced design. I'm sure anyone on here will/would chime in if they required non-damaged battery replacement.

I was just wondering if anyone had herd of a battery replacement in a model 3 yet, on here or any where else.

Welcome to the 3 side of the house. It’s a fun car, obviously not as spacious as your S but still fits quite a bit.

Thanks for the welcome, and yes not quite as spacious but still big enough and not such a road hog on quite country lanes, IE: not as wide, uk B roads can be quite narrow, a few times you hold your breath when a car comes in the other direction.

My model S had a new battery fitted at 42k as tesla said it had a fault, so it had a new main battery and I was wondering if any model 3 owners have had a new battery fitted with some fault that occurred since ownership?

I had a battery replacement done on my RWD Model 3 which i've since sold. They were replacing the power conversion system for a factory bulletin and somehow got coolant into the battery pack, so that died about 2 days after getting the car back for the PCS replacement.

Took about 2 weeks to get a new battery and replace it, but i didn't pay anything so it wasn't that big of a deal. The Model S loaner i had for that interim period was pretty interesting, i realized that i definitely enjoy having a display behind the steering wheel and also wish Model 3 had a sunroof ;)

Other than those two things, though, Model 3 is a way more pleasurable car to drive.

Having had my P85D for a while and enjoying that car, now with 97k miles on it. I decided to get a model 3 M3P in white. I still kept my P85D as well.

The M3P is fun to drive also, much more nimble than the model S and both feel just as fast as each other. My model S had a new battery fitted at 42k as tesla said it had a fault, so it had a new main battery and I was wondering if any model 3 owners have had a new battery fitted with some fault that occurred since ownership?

P85D is black, M3P in pearl white, liking the white as easy to keep clean, both cars have had a full ceramic coating. but white is easy and surprisingly doesn't show the dirt like the black one does.
Exact same car I got yesterday with the white interior. Enjoy.. miss the Christmas update though. Saying it’s up to date on car but it’s not! Lol any advice?

Last edited: